Sign in to follow this  
ianh755

Single Year based Decal for Anniversay Tail Art?

Hi there, I had a quick look but couldn't see anything about this. I'm trying to create an Anniversary decal which would only show up when 1 specific year is selected. I've already got the decal working normally and so it's just the method of making it appear for 1 year only that's got me stumped!

I've tried adding a start/end date (see below - name edited out) but I'm getting nowhere - Any help would be appreciated!

[Decal008]

StartYear=2006

EndYear=2006

MeshName=Tail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Tornado_GR/GR4/XXXXX/XXXXXX

Position=-5.20,2.10

Scale=1.25

DecalMaxLOD=3

Edited by ianh755

You might need to create three skins and utilise this line (in the textureset.ini)

StartDefaultDate=1961

With skin one being for those years before the anniversary scheme, skin two being the anniversary scheme and skin 3 being for the years after the anniversary. Obviously, if the anniversary is also the year of disbandment then you can cut this to two skins.

Edited by Spinners

Cheers Spinners, I was hoping to avoid that due to Mb size as I've got 6 Sqn's I wanted to do which would add another 12 skins at nearly 36Mb + the decals at nearly 10Mb per Sqn making my GR4 decal pack nearly 100Mb which is bigger than the original mod (when compressed)! :lol:

However if thats the only way I'll probably do just 1 tail.

Cheers for the help!

I'm not saying it's the only way but it will work!

Just a quick question - is there an easier way of placing the decals? I'm currently doing a rough guesstimate of the .ini by eye then checking in game, adjusting the .ini, back in game etc for 50+ times until the decal looks like it's in the right place. When you times that by 4 decals it's a lot of time!

things I use, that have known positions:

tail light

wing light

pilot position

hardpoint positions

similar sized aircraft, when pre-plotted decal positions are known

with a lifetime of guestimating distnaces and sizes (no jokes! please! :grin: ), it's not all that hard for me!

might still be able to pick up and bolt or nut, and tell you its size, thread pitch and if it metric or US Standard!

Edited by Wrench

Hi there, I had a quick look but couldn't see anything about this. I'm trying to create an Anniversary decal which would only show up when 1 specific year is selected. I've already got the decal working normally and so it's just the method of making it appear for 1 year only that's got me stumped!

I've tried adding a start/end date (see below - name edited out) but I'm getting nowhere - Any help would be appreciated!

You need to create a duplicate of that entire texture, name it "anniversary" (or something like that), and then apply this date format, as outlined here: http://combatace.com/topic/70621-new-skin-start-end-years/page__view__findpost__p__552306

Edited by Fubar512