Typhoid

Nomination for promotion - travesty

OK, I am now thoroughly and officially disgusted with my USN.

as background - I was the 6th Fleet Staff Anti-Air Warfare Officer (N-35) when this idiot pulled the trigger on the RF-4C in a fleet exercise. The question by VADM Williams (who was then the Commander, 6th Fleet) was "Is he dead yet?". I remember the incident and the initial inquiry very well. There was absolutely no excuse for what this numbskull pulled.

I had always thought this guy had been removed not just from flight status - but from the Navy. Now it is evident that he has risen through the ranks of the Naval Reserve and has now been nominated to Flag rank.

So in our current Age of Moral Insanity - putting up a slightly risque video will get a successful combat leader fired and pensioned off - but deliberately shooting down a friendly in an exercise is grounds for retention and further promotion all the way to Flag rank?!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse my while I puke..............

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/16/admiral-nominee-rose-through-ranks-despite-illogic/

:mad:

It isn´t April 1st yet, is it?

We pass the trash, every day.

The new, nicer military seems to cast a blind eye to certain officer's and their history. Shameful!

Wow talk about turning a blind eye. He is an idiot who should of spent time in Leavenworth.

No coincidence. It seems daddy was CNO and made 3 star rank...

Typhoid sorry to hear that. Everybody gets bit by the system sooner or later.

There was an autobiography I read years back, written by a guy who was a reporter during WW2. One thing always stuck with me was his story of what happened to new hotels in the DC area. After a *nice* quality hotel was completed, but before opening for business, the US NAVY would appropriate it for officer quarters...war time need. That is confiscation of private property. There was one hotel owner that knew this and beat the system by inviting all the DC congress members for a pre-opening celebration. The congress loved the new hotel, and indicated they would use it in the future. NAVY had to back off. The hotel owner got to keep his hotel and operate it as a business. I like to think of that episode as playing one criminal mob against another. Forgot the book/author name and hotel name. Neat story.

Just thought of this -- we used the same confiscation tactics against the Japanese with insane success, waiting for them to complete Pacific island air fields (as best they could) and then move in and take them over, and really complete the hell out of them our style.

I saw something like this first hand when I was in the RAF... but on a lower scale with a promotion from SAC equivalent to an Airman First Class go from that rank to Sergeant in just under 4 years... when it should have taken 8 years or so and thats if you where good at the job. This was to make the Social PC groups happy as the person in question was useless at their job and I have seen this on numerous occasions either they have someone higher up to back them or they get concessions due to gender race etc... even when they make big mistakes... apologies if I stepped over the line but sometimes things like this annoy the hell outta me...

Those of us who have served, all, have occasions where this happens. The good news it does not happen often. There will be those who maneuver explicitly for promotion, cover their bad judgement tracks well, and just seem to come out of the sh*t-pile smelling like a rose. Nothing really new here. The large majority of servicemen and servicewomen miss promotions or gain promotion based on the merits of their service. No system is perfect, but as stated earlier, "The cream rises to the top, but turds float too." The world is full of dirtbags like this guy and some just find a way to dodge the bullet. No reason, though, to cast dispersions on the entire service for a mistake or two. Sh*t happens. Good news is that those who were there keep the real history alive and these creeps cannot hide it all.

Well, lets face it..Nepotism is rife!...after all, it's the only way to explain how George W Bush, ever became a president! :grin: