Sign in to follow this  
CptHadad

Does somebody know how to make heat seeking missile do an alarm in the plane and make me be aware and drop flares?

I have Wings over Israel and i added some advanced aircraft and i never succes a mission because of the heat seeking missiles. does somebody know how to make the plane make an alarm and make me drop flares??

IR missiles, being 'passive seeker' in nature, do NOT show on the RWR. You just have to be more alert to radio messages (warnings from wingmates), and keep your head on a swivel.

Game-wise, it's emulating Real Life ™

Any time you hear the AI say "missile launch" or some variant thereof and it shows up in red in the subtitles, but you don't hear the RWR giving you a lock signal, definitely dump flares and break. It's become reflex for me at this point, especially since it seems the only missiles that get me anymore are IR. It's easy enough to break radar lock in a modern plane, but sometimes an AI pilot will still sucker me in and his wingman will try to get me with a heater. As Wrench said, rely on your situational awareness. I know it can get hard keeping track of everything, but just imagine if it were a real plane and we couldn't just refly the mission!

short answer is no

the game has no support for such a thing. take the advice as given above

There is a six o´clock camera. It´s a good idea to bind it to a close button that you can press quickly as soon as you hear a "He is firing a missile!" over the radio. That way you can quickly check and evade if necessary. And remember, better let a kill go than become one yourself.

In real life (during the time-frame that this series covers), there were no means of detecting an IRM launch, outside of the old Mark 1 Mod 0 eyeball. That technology did not exist until recently.

in the seconed strike fighters it is built in??

is there a warning there??

No, as it covers the same era.

In real life (during the time-frame that this series covers), there were no means of detecting an IRM launch, outside of the old Mark 1 Mod 0 eyeball. That technology did not exist until recently.

There are some systems in real life which can detect the launch of a missile. It are a kind of IR seekers which detect the flame of the rocket motor when the missile starts. But this systems fail when the missile comes over a longer distance. IIRC over 3 km you get no warning. So it is not really reliable.

There are some systems in real life which can detect the launch of a missile. It are a kind of IR seekers which detect the flame of the rocket motor when the missile starts. But this systems fail when the missile comes over a longer distance. IIRC over 3 km you get no warning. So it is not really reliable.

those systems work on the flame of the rocket and get a cover of the whole plane and will detect missiles even from distance when they will see changes in heat signatures that coming from one direction and closing so they make change in air temperature and warn the plane's pilot.