Wrench

Eritrea/Ethiopia Terrain for SF2

= For SF2, Any and All (Full-4 Merged Reccomended)

This terrain is a rebuild version of the 'beta - (minus)' uploaded by Wingwinner some years ago. It has been completly rebuilt, from the HFD up.

This terrain also uses JSF_Aggie's Enhanced Desert tiles, with the tile set =GREATLY= expanded, with many new tiles, many tiles with minor & major corrections and repairs, and LOTS and LOTS of custom TODs. The area covered includes parts of Somilia, Djbouti, a little of eastern Yemen, Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Sudan as far west as the Nile rivers (Blue & White) confluence at Khartoum.

The 'addon' terrain objects have been kept to a minimum. Stock in-game items have been used in most cases, although some additional units may (or may not!) be required. Add-on GroundObjects, while heavily listed in the _Types.ini, have been kept to as small amount as possible. See "Notes" for what you might need. You've probably got most of them already. Some additions to several Userlists for both Stock 3W and 3rd Party add-ons (in particular for some SAM units) have been included, as several nations simply weren't listed.

Limited Nations, Limited Missions and Operations years do NOT reflect the Real World ™. Eritrea did not exist until 1991; the map has the standard "all years spread". However, the various nations are listed in the Eritera_Nations.ini, but none of the Limitations are active.

Geophysical Disclaimer: some rivers and other water features may not follow their Real Life ™ courses, or be placed in their Real Life ™ locations, or even exist as such. Several cities and other physical features may also fall into that classification (ie: mountains, hills, valleys, etc). Some cities may also NOT have

all their proper Real Life ™ industries, facilities and other building classifications, or be fully loaded with 'target objects'. Accuracy has been strived for in all cases, to reflect the Real World ™. As much as is possible with this Engine.

This map also makes use of the 'Expanded Borders' mod, wherein you make changes to the FlightEngine.ini. Instructions on making this adjustment are included (if you haven't already).

Please note, that when unzipped, the terrain folder will be quite large (~350 megs) due to the size of the tiles -they're 1024x. Make sure you have enough space.

As always, unzip this to a temp folder or your desktop, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions. It's reccomended (ie: REQUIRED!!!) you read the document through after unzipping, before installing. As always, the Notes and Other Nonesense section may make for entertaining reading.

It's most important that the legal disclaimer at the bottom be read and complied with. There has been a change in policy with regards to =ALL= my terrain mods.

Happy Landings!

wrench

kevin stein

Hello

Is it possible to change friendly / ennemy nation (mostly Ethiopia to "ennemy") to reflect the situation during the Ogaden's war by simply modifying the "nation" file ?

I am testing this

yeah, edit the terrain Nations ini, and activate the LimitedNations=TRUE in the main ini. (btw, the game's Nations.in classes Etiopia as 'Friendly', all others are Enemy. Just extract it, and have a look see.

I don't see WHY you'd need to ... Somailia is set as ENEMY, as is Sudan, Eritrea, Yemen and several "visiting teams"

Ogadenen War was in my mind, when building this, as well as the 'incidents' between Ethiopia and Eritrea.

Actually, lot some incidents opposed Ethiopia and France during this period, and at the end of the Ogaden war, USSR supported Ethiopia, while China supported Somalia

Please help, this map is awesome but makes the whole game crashes when playing it, IDK if it's because I am not fully merged. 

The info you give us are very sparse :

What is your install ?

What is your config ?

What are your options ?

7 years later ....and no other faults reported

he answered the question himself --- not fully merged. This terrain REQUIRES the sf2 Desert.cat.

Try reading the enclosed readme; it's clearly stated as such. As related to your PM, using the IME cat. WRONG!!

Right now, it's pointing to the SF2 Desert.cat, but should work with the others =EXCEPT= the SF2:I IsrealME.cat. DO NOT USE THAT CAT FOR THIS MOD!! (even though it might work!)

well, obviously it dosen't

And just for the record, I don't release products that don't work. EVER. If it doesn't work, or has issues I can't fix, it gets junked