UK_Widowmaker

wooo...look what I just got hold of :)

Real Bargain @ £100...job lot!...the Heli alone is selling for £230 on ebay..

I'm keeping the Spitfire (merely as a model...gonna make her look all nice!)...the Shrike twin engine job?...dunno what to do with that...she's about 3/4 finished, with engines mounted..hmm..just not sure yet.

The RC box is another worthwhile sell on ebay too...also got about 6-7 fuel engines (one of which is a four-stroke)...and two helicopter's with good engines, but structural damage..and starters etc

The Spit's wingspan is just under 4 ft...looking forward to making her look good as new.

The weird device, at a guess...is for making sure you have the correct Dihedral on the wings when building?

post-22245-0-79149400-1329588546.jpg

post-22245-0-63154800-1329588567.jpg

post-22245-0-48579500-1329588589.jpg

I think the weird thing is to check incidence on the helicopter blades. Do you fly RC aircraft? Sounds like you may have got a good deal there.

Rich

I think the weird thing is to check incidence on the helicopter blades. Do you fly RC aircraft? Sounds like you may have got a good deal there.

Rich

Ah right..thanks m8...No, not really a flyer to be honest...I just want the spitfire as a large model..the rest is going on ebay

You need to finish the Shrike as Bob Hoover's airshow ride. I well remember him turning that thing inside out on 1 engine. He finished his routine by killing both engines, doing 3 loops down the runway, up into a hammerhead, then landing, and still having to put on the brakes to stop at show center.

This one BH?

<br><br><font face="Courier New">Yup, that's the one. It wasn't in that hangar when I was last in it, though. Glad to see it's in a museum. That guy was quite a pilot and that plane is a real go-getter, even if it looks like just a puddle jumper.<br></font><br>

Edited by Bullethead

I also remember seeing Hoover's airshow act. He handled that baby like it was a P-38, then the one engine routine, followed up by the deadstick landing. What a pilot.

I think the only other airshow pilot I've enjoyed as much was Stanley Segalla, the flying farmer.

Edited by Heck

I also remember seeing Hoover's airshow act. He handled that baby like it was a P-38, then the one engine routine, followed up by the deadstick landing. What a pilot.

I think the only other airshow pilot I've enjoyed as much was Stanley Segalla, the flying farmer.

Hoover was my favorite, too. He also had a yellow P-51 that he did amazing things with. Next to him, my other favorite was Art Scholl in his Chipmunk and Pitts. I was fortunate enough to go to several shows where they both performed in both their planes.

Real Bargain @ £100...job lot!...the Heli alone is selling for £230 on ebay...I'm keeping the Spitfire (merely as a model...gonna make her look all nice!)

A wise decision. RC models are nothing but heartbreak. And endless hours of repair. I have a buddy in California who got bitten by the RC bug. In no time at all, he had ten times his initial investment in repairs...and that assumed his labor came free.