Kodiak

AKash Sams firing too quickly all their missiles.

I have the Akash sams system in my full merged SF2 install and whenever the Akash starts tracking your plane and decide to fire at you, they fire like 1 missile from every launcher at once, so there is a salvo of 5 or 6 missiles coming at your plane at once!

How to stop them from firing all their missiles so quick at once?

In the missile data the release delay is set to 600.

In the launcher data it says MissileLaunchTime=36.0

What do I have to edit to make them fire their missiles in a more controled way?

I cannot seem to find the problem. The Akash looks in many ways like the SA-6 and has some data thesame as the SA-6.

The Launchers each have 3 missiles, so if they fire 3 times at a plane, the launchers are empty.

Anybody knows a way to make them behave a little better?

Thanks in advance.

My best regards, Kodiak.

Edited by Kodiak

I have the Akash sams system in my full merged SF2 install and whenever the Akash starts tracking your plane and decide to fire at you, they fire like 1 missile from every launcher at once, so there is a salvo of 5 or 6 missiles coming at your plane at once!

How to stop them from firing all their missiles so quick at once?

In the missile data the release delay is set to 600.

In the launcher data it says MissileLaunchTime=36.0

What do I have to edit to make them fire their missiles in a more controled way?

I cannot seem to find the problem. The Akash looks in many ways like the SA-6 and has some data thesame as the SA-6.

The Launchers each have 3 missiles, so if they fire 3 times at a plane, the launchers are empty.

Anybody knows a way to make them behave a little better?

Thanks in advance.

My best regards, Kodiak.

All fixed slewable multiple launchers need to have yaw limits set, according to how they're deployed. If they're using the standard Soviet BLOC 6 x 1 formation (6 evenly-spaced launchers arrayed around one radar in the center), they need to be setup with a 60-degree yaw limit. If it's 3 x 1, 120 degrees, etc. And that's the only way to prevent them from salvoing.

Edited by Fubar512

Thanks Fubar!

Djeez, I looked at everything, but didn't see that coming, lol. :grin:

Thanks again for explaining.

My best regards, Kodiak.