Folks, is there any WWII Europe LATE WAR terrain around? I mean with the allies advancing to Germany as for early 1945 timeframe. If not, how can I replace the default GermanyCE terrain with WWII stuffs, like old hangars, runways and buildings? Did anybody already did it and succeed? Thanks!!

I know that there are some older hangars and WWII mods for the GermanyCE terrain available in the downloads section for Series 1 terrains. Also there is a package available at the site http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/ called Wings over Russia and this includes a fully modified GermanyCE terrain based on the eastern front in WWII. This would probably be the closest to what you're looking for. You must first apply at the website listed though to get permission to download files however.

Hope this helps

how can I replace the default GermanyCE terrain with WWII stuffs

by editing the targets & types ini, and adding the WW2 style hangars. Very basic stuff

you'll also be needing to edit the movemnt ini (to reflect pre-Battle of the Bulge front lines), the terrain's nations ini (to add the the WW2 nations, and LimitedNations=TRUE) and some other rather easy edits.

HOWEVER....

the map does NOT go far enough west to be of actual use for WW2 (unless you doing the Soviet advance toward Berlin) not enough, or even existing places in France and the Low Countries

Edited by Wrench

by editing the targets & types ini, and adding the WW2 style hangars. Very basic stuff

you'll also be needing to edit the movemnt ini (to reflect pre-Battle of the Bulge front lines), the terrain's nations ini (to add the the WW2 nations, and LimitedNations=TRUE) and some other rather easy edits.

HOWEVER....

the map does NOT go far enough west to be of actual use for WW2 (unless you doing the Soviet advance toward Berlin) not enough, or even existing places in France and the Low Countries

I see Wrench, but it´s not too bad for me - I can live with that. Could be used for the last weeks of war with the Soviet advancing. For a master editing like you it sounds easy, but I´m still crawling regarding editing those awfull terrain files. If you have something already done please share with us. Anyway, thanks for the tips. :salute: