Sign in to follow this  
amariani

Why is this happening?

Because you have a "yellow thing" propping it up! Joke. Front wheel not extending all the way check DATA ini.

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

Part of the model is telling the game its that height from the ground...trouble is if u alter the wheel diameter in the data.ini the tyres sink into the runway in the flyable version.Try it.

all the game-generated parked aircraft do something similiar (up or down). Live with it... we all do!!

because parked Aircraft are positioned by Parent node movement and not the tire collision mesh..

Where a normal 3d model has the scene's 0,0,0 at the aircraft's C.O.G.

parked AC have 0,0,0 of the 3d Model moved so that Height 0.0 is touching the gears, problem is that not all the gears have the same amount suspension movement so when the plane is set up level in 3ds max, with gears down, the gears are not all the same length, so unless the 3dmodel is tilted forward in max and re-exported, its not fixable.

the gear's suspension is correct, as the Tomcat nose comes down during catapult launches. The model needed to be tilted forward and adjusted in max so all 3 gears touch the 0.0m Plane at Z-Axis.

Edited by SkateZilla

There is an easier way to fix it...though it might look weird on the parked aircraft.

Insert the following line into the [AircraftData] section of the data.ini:

OnGroundPitchAngle=xx.x

Where xx.x represents the nose up angle in degrees. It will rotate the model around the CG that many degrees but only the parked birds...any flying ones won't be affected. I have not tried to see if negative numbers work (which you would need for the F-14), but it can't hurt.

FC

We need tk to creat a way for us to add static a\c that are seperate from the operational a\c,in oyher words F4-e_Static.LOD

we could then export another model without any suspension etc.

or just build lo-poly statics, like we have for WW2 (look in the WW2 terrains folders)

The odd thing is I don't remember this problem existing a few iterations ago. All my aircraft seemed to sit properly originally...

I'd prefer NOT having separate static models...

FC

truthfull, same here. I reeditated my WW2 airfield target inis, removed the parked statics, and just let the game populate them

(of course, one can always add the stock destroyed models to terrains,too. If one wants wreck shoved in the corner someplace for eye candy)