Sign in to follow this  

Just a little "visual update" to let everyone know I'm still breathing... and so is the Hawg. :grin:

Nowhere near done... but she's starting to look real pretty to these bloodshot eyes!

H_01.jpg

H_02.jpg

H_03.jpg

H_04.jpg

H_05.jpg

H_06.jpg

H_07.jpg

H_08.jpg

H_09.jpg

H_10.jpg

• Like 2

Holy moly....

looks smooth!:clapping:

Oh, Shiny! An Early low-vis experimentation camo! ;-) :rofl:

Thanks guys...

I'm about 99% done model wise and will then be turning to texturing... which honestly I'd rather have an rash in my nether-region than do. :blink:

Thankfully, I stumbled upon a few new tutorials and a couple tools than is supposed to make my life easier...

We shall see.

BTW... since I have lots of peoples attention right now... What is the communities consensus (Since I think I only have the internal fortitude to do one scheme myself):

1.) Bare metal (Shiny Aluminum)

2.) 3/4-tone SEA scheme

Edited by Zurawski

Bare metal (with bumpmapping if possible) please

Bare metal (with bumpmapping if possible) please

I'm working on my bumpapping skills...

Sadly, like my textures, they suffer from the 3rd-grader with a fat crayon syndrome that I'm famous for...

I'm working on my bumpapping skills...

Sadly, like my textures, they suffer from the 3rd-grader with a fat crayon syndrome that I'm famous for...

Doesnt matter. Once you've created bumpmaps for a given model, anybody can edit them using the texture maps as a template :good:

true, only requirement is to have the normalmaps (=bumpmapping) defined in given material's properties, then our paint band here can go wild with Nvidia tools :good:

Edited by Stary

BareMetal, w/ Bump and Specular Mapping!

later this week the last of my new system arrives, and i start migrating my programs to the new system.. so if you want some people to do some liveries... no biggie.

BareMetal, w/ Bump and Specular Mapping!

later this week the last of my new system arrives, and i start migrating my programs to the new system.. so if you want some people to do some liveries... no biggie.

Thanks for the offer... I might very well take you up on that! I'm not ashamed to state unequivocally that my digital painting skills are only rivaled by a cross-eye finger painter! :grin:

is Thirdwires Spec/Bump maps the same as most other Games?

im able to use BMPs (and even JPGs), for bump and spec map in other games i mod for.

In 3ds Max, for bump maps, i use black & white mappings, where grey would be 0, black would be negative height, white would be positive height,

for spec maps, i use black & white mappings, where white is 100% specular, black is 0% specular.

the other games i mod for read these correctly with some minor adjustments.

ie..base grey background, panel lines would be black, rivets would be white.

Bare Metallic areas would be white, while painted areas black/dark grey.

i think i tried exporting Spec and bump maps on one of my models to TW's engine and it didnt work, dont remember..

Edited by SkateZilla

is Thirdwires Spec/Bump maps the same as most other Games?

im able to use BMPs (and even JPGs), for bump and spec map in other games i mod for.

In 3ds Max, for bump maps, i use black & white mappings, where grey would be 0, black would be negative height, white would be positive height,

for spec maps, i use black & white mappings, where white is 100% specular, black is 0% specular.

the other games i mod for read these correctly with some minor adjustments.

ie..base grey background, panel lines would be black, rivets would be white.

Bare Metallic areas would be white, while painted areas black/dark grey.

i think i tried exporting Spec and bump maps on one of my models to TW's engine and it didnt work, dont remember..

nope SZ, they have to be converted to Nvidia blue-ish/velvet-ish standard using Nvidia tools from black/grey/white ones, so they look like this:

post-8911-0-74953000-1329766275.jpg

post-8911-0-31980100-1329766280.jpg

(example from my Ural trucks pack)

what about specular..?

also.. I think i still have Zur's SFP1 initial release F-86, along with Monty CZ's Skyraider..

haha... how many pre-reease SFP1 beta tester/modders are left?