Sign in to follow this  
Stwa

Hunter F Mk.6

Hi All,

Its funny, but in all this time that I have bounced around checking out this site, its downloads, and some of the companion sites, I guess I missed out on the fact that long ago someone created a addon Hunter F Mk.6.

For some reason, I was always one of those people that wanted to keep the game close to stock as possible. I know, most people don't do this.

Anyway, for anyone who might not be using a Hunter F Mk.6 in their game, (maybe there is someone :blink: ), this is all I did to make mine.

BTW, I did all the research for this bird. I hit the web sites, I looked at all the descriptions of all the varients, and the exports, etc. It seems the Mk.6 was slighty different from the Mk.9, maybe even a different engine, and then their is plenty of disagreement with the sources, on drop tanks, additional wing supports, etc..

But in the end, all I did to make a Mk.6 was copy the Mk.9 and then modify the data ini and the loadout ini file to remove the option to use the 230 gal drop tanks.

Oh, and I also modified the service and export start and end dates, plus, the default roles for the aircraft.

That's it, and for some reason, and now I can't remember why, because it was while back, but I thought that the decals underwing with the squad letters and numbers were fine and did not need to be modified. Or maybe I am dreaming. :grin:

For the F.6 you need to remove the brake chute housing.

The drop tank situation for the Hunters is hard to figure out, especially using the internet. I have seen some sources claim the 230 gallon tanks can not be jettisoned in flight. Using 100gal only tanks on the Mk-6 seems to be the general agreement although British aircraft seemed to be in a constant state of modification at the time so it's hard to say with any certainty what was going on.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I really love the Hunter, and I like having a Mk.6 for various reasons. I know TK just puts Strike Fighers (Ground Attack types), into the game.

But having a Mk.6 lets you get a start date for 1956, which just happens to be the start date for the F-100D as well. I think this helps ground the starting point for the game, and though the Hunters had been out for a while before then (i.e. Mk.4), if gives the RAF a fighter for the early years, which I like.

Also, I have Belgian and Dutch models and decals, since they also help product the Mk.6, even though they didn't retain or use them for very long. Mainly thinking of Belgium here.

But ... the very best reason (I think) for having a Mk.6 is being able to use it with your Israel terrain. I use a modified version of Gephards Israel 2 terrain, where the Hunters can use Cypress (or maybe even air bases in Israel), and take on early MiG-17 (various Arab States).

post-17303-0-68582200-1329971321.jpg

Edited by Stwa

Hunter vs. MiG-17. Excellent. If you upgrade to SF-2 you get a Mk-6, no cockpit. [ I have the woe cockpit installed.] Or SF-2 Europe I think has the Mk-6 with cockpit. Bought the initial SF-2 [Desert] early but haven't bought any of the others yet. The FM's seem better in SF-2 and I actually get better frame rates on a low end system.

Hey, thanks for the info baffmeister.

I never get tired of shooting down MiGs. :no:

But I found this MiG, probably here. I think it is for Syria, and it is actually a 17F.

I am not really all that sure of which enemies had what during the Suez era, or say from 1956 to 1967. Of course, I am mainly interested in what Syria, Egypt, and even Jordan was using. I know Jordan used Hunters eventually.

I am using the Gephard terrain, which was modified by wrench for a pre-67 terrain, and then I modified the tiles it uses, and changed it use stock targets only. I used the smooth HFD, which gives pretty good frames, and a very nice look.

post-17303-0-09981400-1329971534.jpg

Edited by Stwa