Sign in to follow this  
Sundowner

Harriers....

Nice pictures!

Makes me want to s**tkick the idiots who decided the RN and RAF could afford to go a few years without jets on the carriers.

Nice pictures!

Makes me want to s**tkick the idiots who decided the RN and RAF could afford to go a few years without jets on the carriers.

Here here...

Carriers without jets??... What's the point then? Sounds like Larry the Cable Guy... "My cousin's so dumb he sold his truck for gas money".... :idea:

Don't get me started on the politics that got the Harriers Scrapped... the Sea Harriers was due to the RAF wanting control of the Fleet Air Arm again as in the 1920's and 1930's and see how that turned out and the same for the Harrier GR-7/9's along with the government in power as the Harrier is much better at doing the close air support than Tornado's but no they had to scrap the newer Harriers over the Older Tornado's... stupid idea!!!

Sounds like a good time for Argentina to take back the Falklands. I suppose The US Marines could lease the Royal Navy a carrier and some Harriers. :rofl:

Of course,The world being such a safe place,the politicians don't see a need for anything like that. Let's cut defense spending,not my pet projects.

When is Britain going to learn from several times in history that a strong military not long winded politicians save you from being taken over.

Edited by ezlead