squid

F-15C questions, especialy Israeli ones

1. What A2G ordnance except dumb bombs can F-15C carry ? (not only USAF, but also IDF, Saudi etc)

2. Can the F-15C CFT pylons take A2G payload ?

3. Can F-15C use targeting / navigation pods ? if so what stations are they loaded on ?

Edited by squid

Does Israel have F-15C in Service??? :blink:

Always thought A,D,I....

Edited by Soulfreak

No they have I think 17 F-15C's in service along with A B D's and the I... also F-15's should be able to carry most US freefall bombs / CBU's etc...

They definitely do...infact the 106 Spearhead squadron is comprised of C's and D's.

As for the PGM ordinance well...GBU-15's, Popeye's, and the like. I doubt the CFT's can load AG ordinance.

Edited by Stick

Can they use targeting / navigation pods? ....

From the publications I have read, no - the F-15C does not use nor carry any targeting pods. The Israelis however, may have modified their aircraft

for carriage. I have not seen any photos of one doing so, though. If they do in-fact carry a pod, my bet is it's either a Litening III or LANTRIN.

They do for the GBU-15s and Popeye's, usually on the centreline station

not in a CFT station like the -E?

Edited by squid

Israel does everything its own way and generally keeps quiet about it, so don't be surprised it's hard to find concrete info.

The F-15C/Ds they recieved were new built jets. From more than one source, the last 5 F-15Ds were actually E-model airframes, configured to D-model specs. So they are structurally stronger. And they do use the D-models as bomb trucks.

The F-15 always had an A-to-G mode, but the software was deactivated. A couple of years ago, there was talk about reactivating it on the "Golden Eagles" and certifying them for JDAM drops since the airframe is already cleard for the Mk.80 series of bombs.

Obviously the IDF has done so with theirs.

-S

Israel used B or D models in 1985 to bomb PLO headquarters in Tunis, so obviously they at least HAD (propably still have) an A-G capability.

Does anybody know which weapons were used in '85?

Were those Popeyes, or do (did..) their Eagles actually have a CCIP-capability?

From what i know all C (USAF, IDF, etc) had defacto CCIP and they were certified for dumb bombs. I think this wasnt the case with the A (unless upgraded to C) .

I am more particularly curious for details concerning the extend of A/G capabilities of single seater Eagles. How much possible is it for example that there are C (IDF probably) that carry similar configuration to E ( CFTs, Pod(s) attached to CFT pylon (or under intake?), Guided munitions, Pod imagery projected to HUD capability (i doubt it ofcourse) , if stock MFD is used for pod imagery etc etc)

Edited by squid