CaptSopwith

Latest FM/DM Combos?

Guten Abends Herr PropWasche!

Hope all is well on your end. I was writing to see what the latest and greatest combination of the various flight and damage mods for OFF are these days. I fell out of the loop for a few months - between holidays and hectic spring semester stuff - and I've lost track. So I'm flying a vanilla install of OFF.

I enjoyed the weight modifications that allowed me to keep up with my flight with greater ease and I found the improved rear gunner accuracy mods made my German fighter pilot sweat just a little bit more! So, at the risk of sounding too brief, can you point me in the direction of what's considered the latest "winning combination" of mods for OFF? My thanks to you in advance! :clapping:

Whew, I get a little confused myself sometimes with all the various mods! :stars:

My latest mod is the FM mod for the DR1, which adds a flat turn to the DR1's bag of tricks. As of today, it is not compatible with 33Lima's AI Weight mod, but I hope to release a combined HPW FM mod and AI Weight mod a few days after I release an update to both my German and Allied FM mods. The update to the German FM mod will add the Fokker EIII, Fokker DR1, Fokker EV, and Roland, with a major update to the Pfalz DIII, and minor updates to the Albatross series. The Allied FM update will contain mainly minor updates to the Sopwith Pup (80 HP and 100 HP versions), Sopwith Tripe, Spad VII (150 HP and 180 HP versions), Spad XIII (3 versions), Neiuport 28, along with the RAF Re8, as well as a wing contact point fix for the Camel.

My latest DM is still the Ultimate Damage mod version 1.25. After I finish with the FM work, I will be issuing a minor DM update to make the EIII a little less durable than it is currently. In the present DM, the wings and fuselage seem to be a little too tough.

I also have a couple of separate gun mods which increase the bullet spread for front or rear guns. The front gun mod effects both human and AI players, while the rear gun mod only effects the AI gunner. An important note about installing the gun mods is that you have to create a separate JSGME installation inside the OBD Software folder instead of the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields sub-folder because they alter the gun settings in Workshop.

Of course, I also have a few miscellaneous mods, including a HPW news mod and a HPW skies and HPW weather mod. The news mod is self-explanatory, while the HPW skies mod adds one or two cloud types and makes the good weather somewhat "nicer," and the variable weather somewhat more "variable," while the HPW weather mod alters the mission frequency based on factors such as year and whether you are in an active or quiet part of the front--a lot like Bletchley's mod.

Other mods I would recommend include Creaghorn's sound mods, 33Lima's Arc mod for two seaters, 33Lima's flak mod (decreases lethality while tightening the spread of flak in the sky), and, of course, all the various skins. I'm sure there are others, but I can't recall them at the moment. My apologies, fellow modders!

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Have you solved the low flying / tree crashing problem with the AI Weight mod ??? A new FM that caused these problems would not be much use in the game if your wingmates can not get into the air to fly the patrol with you.

The FM mods have nothing to do with the AI crashing into the trees problem, it is the empty weight for some of the two seaters being set a little too high in the AI Weight mod that causes the problem.

After I release my FM mod, I will release a combined FM/AI Weight mod that will be based on the ramp weight of each plane rather than the loaded weight of the plane, as it currently is in the AI Empty Weight mod. The difference ranges from around 150 to 400 pounds for most AI aircraft and keeps the AI from crashing into the trees at the end of the airfield.

I hope to have the FM and AI weight tweaks done no later than the end of next week.

I'm looking forward to the combo mod pack. It's getting more than a little confusing to have so many different mods all separately for OFF.

I hear you, HW. Thank goodness for JSGME.

Did you ever play Silent Hunter 3? The number of mods for that game are probably in the hundreds or even thousands. There were once so many that a group of modders combined some of the best and created a Superpack out of it. The download was so large that it had to be in 6 parts!