macelena

The Give Up Smoking Revolution Thread

Have we got no shame smokers? Being stuck into a cigarette? Forget your health, forget your money, forget your smell...well, don´t forget any of that, but there is something else to fight for in this revolution, It´s about Dignity.

Willing to give up smoking? Share it here with the right stuff, play any revolutionary song in accordance with your nationality and report of how is it going. Myself, I will reduce the rate of cigarettes per day, wich now is on 10-15 depending on how long the day gets

10-15 a day? You're not a smoker!:grin:

Good luck anyway with it! I'll keep my yellow fingers crossed :lol:

One day I'll do the very same :good:

10-15 a day? You're not a smoker!:grin:

Good luck anyway with it! I'll keep my yellow fingers crossed :lol:

One day I'll do the very same :good:

Nothing more to say from me! :good:

• Like 1

I keep quitting and restarting though this time I may just may have quit for good... but I did give myself a damn good incentive my 2 Motorbikes... I see it this way if you want to smoke you can if you don't well you don't just do not try to pressure others into doing something as they may not want to at that time for their own reasons... Good luck to those who want to quit and good luck to those who don't... :drinks:

• Like 2

Try to replace by bubble gum.

in my case....i need to quit my friends we're god damn smokers....i spent a weekend with my girlfriend and i smoked 2 cigarrets , yesterday when i came back i smoked a pack because i was with my friends.

i'm screwed.heat.gif

Drink plenty of Whisky, it helps.

NO it doesn't

Drink increases my will to smoke, however ive saw people who quit smoking cigs smoking pot than leaving it some months later blink.gif.

i'm not willing to try it tho.

Edited by Silverbolt

It took me seven tries, some cold turkey, some using aids (not the modern chemical kind), to finally quit. That was more than three decades ago. To this very day, if I'm around people smoking in certain situations, the urge to have one can still return. It's not very strong, but it's still there after all this time. All I can say is that you have to approach it like the twelve step programs teach you. Today, I'm not going to have a cigarette. There's no other way to do it. And forgive yourself if you mess up a day. Just take the next day as a fresh start. Wish I could offer you more, but this is one of the most addictive habits people can have.

• Like 1

It took me seven tries, some cold turkey, some using aids (not the modern chemical kind), to finally quit. That was more than three decades ago. To this very day, if I'm around people smoking in certain situations, the urge to have one can still return. It's not very strong, but it's still there after all this time. All I can say is that you have to approach it like the twelve step programs teach you. Today, I'm not going to have a cigarette. There's no other way to do it. And forgive yourself if you mess up a day. Just take the next day as a fresh start. Wish I could offer you more, but this is one of the most addictive habits people can have.

Thanks Heck, it is much appreciated.

After all, there is nothing like day after day hehe.

The only thing that could eventually drive me off the cigs is probably their constantly increasing price.

It's silly and interesting how when I was starting they were 8,5-10, now that I'm addicted they are 19-25, funny eh?

Good luck ! The most painful was to support other smoke around you while you are holding, but the strongest succeed !

• Like 1

Well, ashamed to say...I gave up smoking for three years...really thought that was an end to it!....but something happened one night, that..well, scared me half to death...and my reaction was "Have a smoke!"

And it kicked off again!...I'm trying to again at the moment..but I'm finding it much harder second time around