I currently have several careers going in BHaH. I would like to add some of the features and upgrades of HiTR but don't want to start over on the careers. If I upgrade to HiTR do I loose my existing career pilots?

I may wait on HiTR - will HiTR be in P4? I would rather buy P4 actually.... is the plan that it upgrades over BHaH and you keep your pilots?

And about P4.... if I could add to the wish list a button that acts like the mallet you use to unjam guns I would like that! Reloads on Lewis guns would be nice to have as well!

Cheers!

I currently have several careers going in BHaH. I would like to add some of the features and upgrades of HiTR but don't want to start over on the careers. If I upgrade to HiTR do I loose my existing career pilots?

I may wait on HiTR - will HiTR be in P4? I would rather buy P4 actually.... is the plan that it upgrades over BHaH and you keep your pilots?

And about P4.... if I could add to the wish list a button that acts like the mallet you use to unjam guns I would like that! Reloads on Lewis guns would be nice to have as well!

Cheers!

HITR is a worthwhile upgrade to P3 as it not only brings the additional Yank squads but improves on many areas of the sim - its more than just a squadron addon.

Yes you can keep your existing pilots.

P4 - or now OFF2 - there will be no carryover of pilots from P3/HITR its just not possible - OFF2 is changed in so many ways.

I recommend all P3 users to upgrade to HITR.

HTH

WM

HITR costs less than dinner at a nice restaurant, redpiano. Well worth the price (and lasts a lot longer)!

Also, keep in mind that P4 is probably still several months away.

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Exactly, HPW - I love to go out for dinner - but it doesn't last very long (except on the hips maybe!).

HitR is available for 19,90 $ now.

Well it's even less it's $9.99 + taxes if applicable etc

Ooops! Sorry! Corrected: "Hat in the Ring!" AddOn = 9,99 $

At that price, there really is no excuse not to buy it.

Plus, every purchase makes it more likely there will be a P5 after P4. A win win.

9.99 not 9.90 I edited your post Olham already getting confusing ;)

Yes we need funds to even carry on as all small teams do so all helps!

I'll wait for P4 ;)

Although HitR was billed as a mere optional expansion pack, the American stuff was actually the least of it. HitR should really be considered P3.5 because it made many important changes in numerous key areas of the game. IOW, HitR is the current product, not BHaH, and really isn't optional because subsequent OFF patches have been based on it. So if you don't have HitR, you're way behind the times. Now I understand why you keep mentioning issues that were solved long ago :).

Anyway, nobody nows when OFF2/P4 will come out but HitR is available now. And until you get HitR, you won't be getting the most out of P3.

I also recommend you to get HitR ASAP. It's far from being expensive, and really improves the sim in so many ways that it's an absolute must-have.

9.99 not 9.90 I edited your post Olham already getting confusing ;)

Yes we need funds to even carry on as all small teams do so all helps!

Damn, Pol - thanks for editing it yourself. I need some holidays - don't know from what, but I needed some! :grin:

Edited by Olham

Speaking frankly, I can't think of any more value you'll find for your $9.99 in a video game expansion than you'll get for the Hat in the Ring. It's a hell of a lot more than just an American Squadron update. If OFF 2 came out 2 months from now (and we have no reason to believe it will), you'd have still gotten your money's worth out of it.

Hellshade

Although HitR was billed as a mere optional expansion pack, the American stuff was actually the least of it. HitR should really be considered P3.5 because it made many important changes in numerous key areas of the game. IOW, HitR is the current product, not BHaH, and really isn't optional because subsequent OFF patches have been based on it. So if you don't have HitR, you're way behind the times. Now I understand why you keep mentioning issues that were solved long ago :).

Anyway, nobody nows when OFF2/P4 will come out but HitR is available now. And until you get HitR, you won't be getting the most out of P3.

I haven't even been playing P3, I just can't quite get past certain things and would rather save my money for P4 than shell out more for minor improvements to P3. From the feature lists and the patches the only thing it seems to add that I care about is the wind sound and the auto exit toggle. Unless there's other changes not mentioned that make a significant improvement then I'll just keep playing ROF and wait for P4, I already shelled out 30$.

I count at least six people saying it's definitely worth getting it, but as a graphic designer I do often see this:

some people are advice-proof.

What makes it worth it? What does it fix, change or improve that matters? I have no interest in any of the planes or squads it adds and the only listed features it mentions that I want are the air buffeting and no more instant exit when damaged.

Simply saying "it's worth it" doesn't convince me to give someone my money.

I haven't even been playing P3, I just can't quite get past certain things and would rather save my money for P4 than shell out more for minor improvements to P3. From the feature lists and the patches the only thing it seems to add that I care about is the wind sound and the auto exit toggle. Unless there's other changes not mentioned that make a significant improvement then I'll just keep playing ROF and wait for P4, I already shelled out 30$.

Well nobody can tell you what to do with your money, for sure. You must spend it how you see fit. I too enjoy RoF and it does have it's good points. But considering that they want nearly $20 for a single add on map that hasn't even been released yet - and that mostly consists of just water - I have to say HitR offers a lot more for 1/2 the price. As I say, I enjoy that sim too, but their add-ons tend to add up pretty quickly and for less than the amount of content you will get elsewhere. We won't even get into the topic of customer service. I'll just say they have a very nice flight and damage model and we'll leave everything else undefined.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

I'm not too thrilled with P3 as it is, I just don't see sense in shelling out another 10 bucks if it's not going to make significant improvements.

Edited by redpiano
  • Dislike 2

I'm not too thrilled with P3 as it is, I just don't see sense in shelling out another 10 bucks if it's not going to make significant improvements.

Then I assume you are trolling?

WM

All boils down to which flight sim you'd support. So, in the future if you ever consider OFF as your favorite WW1 sim (which I definately do), then even if there is minimal extra content in HiTR, the idea of buying addons, expansions gift DVDs and such will contribute to helping support the game developers - money talks.

Edited by Buddy1998

That's the point many people who fly HITR are more thrilled and they are recommending it to you as they think it does. But it's all about opinion - you may not agree obviously.

Here's another opinion we respect, Jens "McGonigle" Lindblad at SIMHQ http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_445a.html read that. (Also not mentioned in the review is an aggressive/passive AI option setting in a HITR patch).

Flight simmers do tend to pick on negatives - we do have a lot of good stuff in there too. HITR came out 2 years ago so yes you may think some things could be improved, well that's what the heck we are doing in OFF2 for the last couple of years. If you don't like it maybe stop flying it ?

• Like 1