UK_Widowmaker

Totally OT...My New Petfood Store

Well, my wife was made redundant last November, after 35 years as a Business Advisor, and so we decided to go in with a colleague, and open an online (and real brick and mortar) Petfood store!

We've been open for two weeks, and it's been quite a lot of work to get to this point..hence, why I have been not posting much.

I think I have found my own personal Niche!...As you probably know...I am NUTS about our four-legged friends..when not playing OFF or Skyrim, I am with my two Collies all the time!...In fact, Sophie is by my feet as I type..... This way, when I'm in my little Shop, I can talk all day about Dogs, and Cats and Horses...which is fabulous!!! :grin:

2012 has started really well, and I am feeling very much more content with life, than I have for a couple of years!

This was our first customer..a Lovely Border Collie called Jack...who had a great time helping himself to some free samples!!

This is our website (not trying to sell anything...just to show you) :grin:

http://www.bow-wow-pets.co.uk/

Please wish us luck in our new venture :drinks:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

That's great, Widowmaker! I'm truly happy for you. I've had precious few times in my life when I was excited about going to work even most of the time, let alone every day. I hope your business grows and fulfills all your dreams.:good::drinks:

Thank you Gents!...much appreciated!! :drinks:

Simon, if ever a business fitted well - congrats, my friend, it looks like you have found the right thing to do!

And if you should ever feel like expanding, you could open another shop called "The Angler"

:drinks:

As a self-employed man, I give you some very serious advice (painfully learnt!) : keep all eyes on the books;

don't spend income like winnings - the taxmen often react late to a new business, but then they want all

money backwards for the last years. Collect all bills for any spendings which COULD have been business-

spendings - even for stamps and pencils.

I wish you all the good luck you may need in these tight days, Simon - all the best! :good:

Edited by Olham

Widowmaker,

Best of luck in your new business venture and i hope it goes well for you.

Hector.

Best of luck. Nice to see some real businesses being created in this country.

Best of luck. Nice to see some real businesses being created in this country.

Thank you :drinks:

Congrats and Best of Luck in your Business Adventure. I had only on a few occasions .where I felt contentment at work. I envy you.

Seek your bliss, that's what I've heard, anyway. It's nice to actually hear about someone who has been able to find exactly that! Congrats, WM!

I've noticed that our 4-legged friends seem to be much more appreciative of us than many of our 2-legged ones!

Marvelous, sir. I wish you the very best. Woof! :drinks:

Thank you all for your vote of confidence! :drinks:

Herr prop...I've long since agreed with your comment my friend....the worse a dog can do is bite ...People have many, many more ways to hurt you :drinks:

Best of luck with your enterprise! It's so good to hear something positive like this for a change. Our declining Western world desperately needs more small businesses like yours and less those damn blood-sucking big corporations. :drinks:

Congratulations and best of luck with your business venture!

Just an after thought here.

As you are now the proprietor on a soon-to-be-prosperous petfood store, does this mean that Newcastle airport is no longer secure?

Sounds great, I love this kind of positive news, best of luck to you man :drinks::good:

On behalf of Jessie & Lilly + Sijtje: WOOF, MIAOW !!!!!!!!

Good luck with the shop !!!!good.gif

WM--

Does this now make you one of the "Pet Shop Boys?" :grin:

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by tranquillo

:good:

Free Tip :lol: :: If you ever want to expand, do it slowly over time with earnings, not with borrowing.

:good:

haha..very funny prop!!!!!

Yes Lexx...I learnt that the hard way, on a previous venture!...never again