rjw

Where did Red Baron go after Jan 20 1917?

Hi Folks; :blink:

I was flying in Jasta 2 in OFF and the RB was listed as an ACE in the Jasta. Suddenly he disappeared from the roster as of Jan 20th, 1917. I then tried to register a new pilot in OFF choosing the start date as Jan 20th onward and then checked out all the Jastas and the RB was not registered with any of them.

Does anyone know for sure where OFF has sent him. (Vacation maybe?)

Regards to all

Well, he wasn't the "Red Baron" already in Jasta 2 - he painted his Albatros red only later, in Jasta 11.

Manfred von Richthofen became the leader of Jasta 11 after his time with Jasta 2.

Maybe he did not take the new Jasta over immediately, but he had his first victory with Jasta 11 on 23 January 1917.

Well, he wasn't the "Red Baron" already in Jasta 2 - he painted his Albatros red only later, in Jasta 11.

Manfred von Richthofen became the leader of Jasta 11 after his time with Jasta 2.

Maybe he did not take the new Jasta over immediately, but he had his first victory with Jasta 11 on 23 January 1917.

What you say is true, I agree. It is however quite interesting that I can find no "hide nor hair" of him since he left Jasta 2. I've explored dates of Feb through April with the other Jastas and he is nowhere to be found!!

Best Regards;

Hmmmm, perhaps your OFF is a cheap Hong Kong fake, rjw? When I go through Jasta 11, I see him from 15 February on.

With full name and rank: Rittmeister Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen. Perhaps you want to have another look?

Edited by Olham

You both had me scared for a moment there, so I checked my datafiles. MvR is right where he should be, with JaB up to the 15th January, and then to Ja11.

Cheers,

shredward

You both had me scared for a moment there, so I checked my datafiles.

Why me - my facts were correct?

Maybe he was in Stealth Mode.

Mmuahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!

Maybe he was in Stealth Mode.

I thought he was always in 'stealth' mode.

Why me - my facts were correct?

Are you showing February 15 or January 15?

the shredder

Hmmmm, perhaps your OFF is a cheap Hong Kong fake, rjw? When I go through Jasta 11, I see him from 15 February on.

With full name and rank: Rittmeister Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen. Perhaps you want to have another look?

Olham;

You are correct again!! Must be all that Glycol I have been breathing in my recent missions :dntknw:!!! I went back and checked again and just as you indicated MvR left Jasta 2 on Jan 15th and went to Jasta 11 on the same day.

I can't believe I missed it, and I had checked the rosters twice!!! I think I'll take a break and go feed my brain cells!!

Sorry for such a stupid mistake!

Are you showing February 15 or January 15?

the shredder

Aaaah - you mean that minor error! ... :grin:

Olham;

You are correct again!! Must be all that Glycol I have been breathing in my recent missions :dntknw:!!! I went back and checked again and just as you indicated MvR left Jasta 2 on Jan 15th and went to Jasta 11 on the same day.

I can't believe I missed it, and I had checked the rosters twice!!! I think I'll take a break and go feed my brain cells!!

Sorry for such a stupid mistake!

When you have found the right stuff for those cells, please let me know.

I was also wrong by writing 15 February, when it was 15 January.

Damn stuff between my ears - sometimes I think, Aliens have substituted it with scrambled eggs overnight!

Aaaah - you mean that minor error! ... :grin:

When you have found the right stuff for those cells, please let me know.

I was also wrong by writing 15 February, when it was 15 January.

Damn stuff between my ears - sometimes I think, Aliens have substituted it with scrambled eggs overnight!

Well you know, I wouldn't knock the scrambled eggs... At least they have a known market value!!!:rofl: