carrick58

Off Subject

On the flipside, most Europeans have far smaller commutes than those in the US. When your country and population are both smaller than my state (Florida), things are more compact.

The reason the speculation in oil exploded in the last 10 years was the 2000-2001 recession. To get out of it, interest rates were bottomed out. The stock market was also not so great at the time, so money was put in two primary places: real estate and oil. The real estate bubble didn't just pop, it exploded, and we're STILL reeling from that. The oil prices, however, due to their international nature and the supply often being in Bad Nations is still free to go all over the place.

Oil prices will drop when interest rates climb high again and the Filthy Rich can make themselves richer on other projects than the simple buying and selling of oil. With real estate in the crapper and interest rates so low that I can't remember the last time I earned more than 1% at the bank, the Filthy Rich have limited opportunites to make themelves filthy richer other than oil.

What is the price per gallon if you substract the taxes?

Here in the US, the gas taxes only fund a limited set of stuff (mainly roads and similar items) - (of course - those funds are regularly raided by the politicians :whip: )

Overseas, the gas taxes are used to fund the general tax load. So one comparison would be to compare just the gas prices for a valid equivelance.

Not only that, they also use the taxes as a deliberate tool to keep people from buying too much. Same idea as taxing tobacco over here.

But people will only not buy fuel if they have no money. All the while people have some they will make themselves afford fuel. Only the very poor are affected by these heavy taxes. Just my opinion.

Actual Gasoline price in The Netherlands: €1.80 ($2.42) per litre!!

Which is about €7.00 ($9.41 ) per US gallon.....

It's actually not the direct personal cost that is the problem. People could just learn to drive more efficiently, less often, etc. The problem is the fuel is also used by everyone else. So the cost of food at the store is higher, the cost of the delivery is higher, the cost of almost ANY service or product must increase to pass on the increased fuel costs THEY pay to you so they're not making less.

So in addition to having to pay more to go to and from work, and to go to and from the store, the stuff at the store costs more, the pizza guy charges more...it's a never-ending cycle.

I saw a video recently portraying a new finding of natural gas, one of the, if not the biggest, in the world - in Texas. And as a result many vehicles are being converted to use natural gas as fuel instead... sounds like a good idea to me... I mean, prices are like half... a pity though the fuel station infra-structure will have to be built to cater to the ever-increasing demand... here there is already much use of liquid propane gas to fuel vehicles, although I must admit I've never seen an LPG-Gas-Station yet... :blink:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

$3.69 a gallon here in Dayton, Ohio

Circa $6.95 a gallon in Białystok, Poland. Also most of European cars have 1.0-2.0 liter engines, so the fuel consumption is lower than American V6 and V8, right?

Well, given the cost of gas, my F2 is going to be getting a work out this summer...

Here it's 1,85$ for a LITER!

That makes it 7.08$ for a gallon? I'm so angry at that I could severely hurt somebody.

Average paycheck here is 1000$, but not many get the average one, most get around 600-700$ while the "elite" get's milions doing NOTHING just like in the States...

Just like everywhere m8....wherever their are Politicians..there will be robbing bastards!...cos, they're one and the same

Well, given the cost of gas, my F2 is going to be getting a work out this summer...

I'll be on my YZF-R6 this spring and summer too.

Between 2001 and 2005 gas prices in Corpus Christi went from $1.35/gal to $3.29/gal.

Just another thing that made last decade the most miserable in my life...

In San Antonio it's now $3.59.

Edited by exhausted

Circa $6.95 a gallon in Białystok, Poland. Also most of European cars have 1.0-2.0 liter engines, so the fuel consumption is lower than American V6 and V8, right?

Absolutely. A V4 here might be in the 1.4-1.6 range. My Honda Civic is treating me well. My neighbor's H2 is a testament to his stupidity when things must have appeared 'good' to him in 2006. Let's just say it doesn't get around much anymore.

But some people with dully diesels seem to be doing well for the shorter hauls.

Edited by exhausted

Hauksbee::

From what I've been reading lately, the price of oil (crude) is largely driven by commodity futures traders who bid up the price hoping to sell off the contract (paper oil) before they have to take possession.

Partially. The other is the reduced purchasing power of the bank owned "dollar" and other currencies over the years, so everything gets more expensive in terms of the bank currencies, making long term savings useless, and so encouraging speculation by everybody to beat price inflation...ie...homes as expensive investments rather than as places to live and raise a family. We are all speculators now by legal tender law. We all enjoyed it. Well until recently anyways.

Totally unlike the banks and e-paper traders, including many of ya'lls treasured pension plans, at least the oil and gas corps have some amazing cool tech, real hardware in the field, and make a physical product you actually use. Oddly though, the banks have the most imposing buildings. I just thought, to find the real governing power, look for the most imposing buildings....actually that might be the Pentagon lol.

I saw a video recently portraying a new finding of natural gas, one of the, if not the biggest, in the world - in Texas. And as a result many vehicles are being converted to use natural gas as fuel instead... sounds like a good idea to me... I mean, prices are like half... a pity though the fuel station infra-structure will have to be built to cater to the ever-increasing demand... here there is already much use of liquid propane gas to fuel vehicles, although I must admit I've never seen an LPG-Gas-Station yet... :blink:

Be careful with that buddy a few years back something similar happened here, LPG was dirt cheap and many people converted often laughing to us paying double they paid for a tank, as time passed by and more and more people converted, guess what happened?

Yup, suddenly there was not enough gas for our needs(that was actually BS) so we suddenly had to import more of it from where? Russia, just as it happened at the time Europe had the gas problem with Russia and LPG suddenly went up - double up.

Ok it's still about one half of a price for a liter of gasoline, but if more people convert it will go up...

Be careful with that buddy a few years back something similar happened here, LPG was dirt cheap and many people converted often laughing to us paying double they paid for a tank, as time passed by and more and more people converted, guess what happened?

Yup, suddenly there was not enough gas for our needs(that was actually BS) so we suddenly had to import more of it from where? Russia, just as it happened at the time Europe had the gas problem with Russia and LPG suddenly went up - double up.

Ok it's still about one half of a price for a liter of gasoline, but if more people convert it will go up...

Not only that, but also the fact that the gas stations where I could refuel are pretty scarce and, at least in my country, LPG-cars are forbidden to park in underground garages and garage houses because they're considered bombs on wheels... :blink:

Not always....

A few years ago, I owned one of the last of the "classic" Saab 900 Turbos (a 1993 model). Driven gingerly, it's 2.0 liter I-4 averaged just over 25 MPG in combined driving. The best I ever got out of it was just shy of 30 MPG, on a long trip, where I never exceeded 65 mph. By comparison, my last company car, a crappy 1994 Chevy Corsica with a 3.1 liter V6, often exceeded 33 MPG on long trips....at 75+ mph! The Corsica's engine was barely turning 2000 RPM at that speed, while the Saab's 2.0 liter turbo was spinning along at 3000 RPM at 65 mph.

My current ride, 1999 Dodge Dakota, has a 5.2 liter V8, and averages just shy of 17 MPG combined, and has recorded 21 MPG several times on long trips (again, as long as I do not exceed 65 mph). Luckily for me, my commute to work is under 10 miles (round trip), so I often get a month's driving out of a single tank of fuel.

A year ago, I had a chance to drive a VW Golf diesel over the course of a weekend. It was a hoot watching the trip computer indicate 48 MPG at a steady 65 MPH on cruise control. Just for s**ts and grins, I pushed it up over 100 MPH, and it was still reading in the high 20s! That will probably be my next ride.

But it was turbo-burbo man! Lol, there's always an exception. Currently I drive '02 Mazda 323 1.6, it averages 24-25 MPG :( . But it's strictly city traffic. Not the most efficient "jeuropean" car, I know...

Must admit both my bikes will be getting a serious Workout this year the poor ZX-6R Riceburner will be used for hurtling to work and back trips to Bratislava from Vienna and playing on the mountain roads and the Triumph will be used for the 2 tours I have planned this year along with being in standby for anything else... the Triumph returns nearly 50mpg at a steady 90mph and the little 600 is good for around 40mpg provided I behave... misbehaving will push it down to around 35mpg... but I will be having a lot more fun than the cage drivers...

here is Israel things aren't getting any better

it going up tonight at midnight to 8.05 NIS per liter so it's about 8 USD per gallon

my I30 does about 9.5Km per liter... i have a large tank

but luckily for me i get paid enough to be able to afford it and there is no way in hell I'm going to work by a bus :blink:

Not only that, but also the fact that the gas stations where I could refuel are pretty scarce and, at least in my country, LPG-cars are forbidden to park in underground garages and garage houses because they're considered bombs on wheels... :blink:

They are being silly, I watched a German test of a LPG powered car(Opel) being set on fire in a way that is even impossible to get on fire and still nothing happened to the gas tank...they are very safe theese days :good:

but luckily for me i get paid enough to be able to afford it and there is no way in hell I'm going to work by a bus :blink:

What's silly here is the fact that if you go by bus/tram the ticket is ~2,5-3$ while liter of gas is ~2$ :lol:

A little bit behind the intentional manipulation of US gas prices -

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/29/morning-bell-white-house-wants-to-keep-gas-prices-high/

It is the regime's policy to force oil and gas prices up by restricting supply as stated by the regime's science advisor and all energy prices as stated by The Mendacious One himself.

Edited by Typhoid