Just,thought id say a quick hello,purchased OFF and HITR last year,and i can honestly say its been the best money ive ever spent on anything,i know that thats a bold statement,and im sorry if it seems like im sucking up,but believe me its the truth.

i dont fly as often as i would like, work commitments,2 young kids etc etc,but i frequent the forum every day,sometimes twice daily.i can honestly say ive learnt more from you guys Widowmaker,Olham,Carrick ,Lou and the Surly,but loved one Uncleal,than any history lesson

ive still yet to purchase my track ir (christmas not coming cheap with 2 young kids)and then i will get everything and more out of this incredible sim.thank you to one and all for helping me choose this sim and this incredible forum,GOLDENEAGLE,and REDPIANO,welcome,and to POL,WINDER

and the rest of the dev team thank you so much, PS anyone heard off SHILOH,he hasnt posted for a while and also hows UNCLEAL doin ,hope hes fine and enjoying his flying :salute: ha ha,pps any more Screenshots forthcoming POL,nudge ,nudge wink,wink ,take care boys be with you in the mess in a little while.ADGER over and out.

Edited by Adger1971

Thanks, Adger!

You're right - Shiloh hasn't returned from Xmas leave, it seems.

As for "unc" - he got banned for repeated bad behaviour in public.

He MAY still be a reader here - in that case: greetings, Unc!

I feel the same way.

Me too, I started Skinning ( Cut and Paste) and I spend even more time involving the Sim.

"As for "unc" - he got banned for repeated bad behaviour in public.

He MAY still be a reader here - in that case: greetings, Unc!"

Atrociously rude as he could be - as well he probably knows - I would ask the CA mods to please let the man back onto the boards. Even though I disagreed with his manner and his politics, it seems to me that banning someone who is, after all, a WWI flight simmer is not the best way to go. I'm sure, were he allowed back, that we could all agree to disagree where necessary, and should a dodgy post appear, then just moderate the worst bits. We are, when it comes down to it, meant to be adults, aren't we?

I feel much the same as you do, mighty.

But I have also read much against him and his behaviour, in private messages I exchanged with some friends here.

Like you, I think we are adults enoughs to realise how someone like him has his "special patterns".

He was often rude, and sometimes even unfair (by acting against his own rules towards newbies for example),

but this way I seemed to know him better than I may know some people, who hide behind a mask of politeness.

If there was a voting, I would vote for him to be allowed to come back.

But there are rules here, which are not made by you and me - forum rules, which must be accepted.

He had more than one warning.

He was even allowed to remain here, when he was about to get banned the first time.

He knew he should have cared a bit better about his words.

After all written words - not spoken ones in quick temper.

For some, there will be no warning signs that work - they will still walk across the closed, unsafe bridge.

He was a Lemming in that way.

I know how much the forum meant for him - and I feel sad for him, that he can't be here anymore.

UncleAl made a lot of positive contributions to the forum and helped out quite a few people. He also alienated quite a few folks as well. I wouldn't be against him being let back into the forums either, but as Olham said...he got plenty of warnings and never seemed to be able to change his pattern. If we are indeed supposed to be adults here, it's a fair question to ask that "How many warnings should you really need to get?" After a point, if nothing permanent is done, folks begin to see that there really are no rules (rules that aren't enforced aren't really rules, are they?) and then everything pretty much goes to hell in a hand basket.

Our primary purpose on this forum is to keep great open lines of communication between the Devs, other OFF simmers and ourselves. Sure there are plenty of OT posts, but so long as they are civil, nobody really minds. It's the continuous uncivil posts that chased away or nearly so a number of people who showed an interest in OBDs fine sim. The Devs work too hard to build a great product to have someone alienating newcomers asking perfectly understandable questions. Nobody is saying they are happy about how it all ended, but as long as we are thinking about what is "fair", I think it's only right to ask what is fair to the Devs? How long should they have to put up with a forum member, even one who has contributed many positive things, pissing off potential new buyers because of some very rude (and often totally undeserved), caustic remarks?

I'm sorry it ended the way it did but frankly, it is what it is. And it wasn't without multiple warnings. How many should a man really need?

As for OFF, it's definately some of the best money I have ever spent on a flight sim. Not just because of the high quality software either. I find considerable value just being a member of this forum. I've been on quite a few forums in my life and this is the only one I have never quit. I may not post all the time but rare is the day I don't stop in and see what the fine folks of Combat Ace OFF:BH&H forums are up to.

Hellshade

:drinks: We are in agreement about Uncle Al , OFF and the Forum Edited by carrick58

Actually, it wasn't anything Unc said here that did him in. It was his posts and messages on other fora on this site, and his refusal to self edit before he hit send, despite repeated warnings, that did him in. We tried to save him, but it just wasnt going to happen. And no chance of being reinstated. I never saw the posts or PMs that got him turfed, but I understand that anything he poted on this forum wears mild by comparison. So, as much as we want him back, ain't gonna happen

Cheers

The shredder

Thanks for this, Shredward - I hadn't know that it was not even his behaviour here.

The devil may know how far he went elsewhere - across the Rubycon, I guess...

im really sorry,didnt want to stir up a hornets nest on this one,just really wanted to know if any members kept up with UNC and if so hows he doin,i remember him being a bit surly when i was a newbie askin newbie questions,but i never felt offended in any way,but thanks SHRED for clearing a lot up,i totally agree with whats said,he had umpteen warnings,but it just wasnt goin to be .like HELLSHADE says it could have potentially put other people off OBD,S sim,especially if you were a bit shy or reserved in nature.luckily im a strong willed person so anything UNC said was taken with a pinch of salt.i think a lot of potential buyers look into this forum first before purchasing OFF,i know i certainly did,and i asked quite a few questions as well before i even purchased both OFF and HITR,luckily for me i was given every help possible from a lot of you guys.Unc just told me to read Hints and tips in one sentence!!:grin: at the time i found it quite harsh especially considering the help i got from the other guys,but i suppose thats his way,but the devs have, and still are working their nuts off to bring us THE best sim on the market.if UNC upset even one potential buyer,then its one to many......take care all ADGER :heat:

Well, if you want to know: "Unc" even managed to return under a different name.

We exchanged some PMs, and he seemed fine.

But very soon, Creaghorn wrote a PM to me, asking if that could be the flyer formerly known as UncleAl.

Now, Creaghorn wasn't the only one to notice - they spotted him and moved him to the door.

He had forgotten to put lots of camouflage on his language. :grin:

He had forgotten to put lots of camouflage on his language. :grin:

brilliant OLHAM,just glad the old boys doin fine :good:

My politics and UncleAl's are probably 180 degrees from each other, and he could certainly be abrasive, but I don't agree with lifetime bans. I think he should be allowed back, at least on a probationary basis. It's not like he shot anybody or wrote racist garbage! If I recall correctly, the political forum was opened specifically because of UncleAl, so he could post stuff that was not appropriate in this forum. Perhaps he thought he had more license to speak his mind (even if I disagreed with 95% of what he said) then he was really being offered.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Adger1971. I'll also have a virtual Warsteiner! :drinks: