Sign in to follow this  
ignacioc91

SAM SPONTANEOUS DESTRUCTION !

Hit there!!! I am testing my newly created terrain, Norwegian Sea. The harbors are densely populated (Tankers, cargo ships, trawlers, cranes, etc.) and I have included very dense air defences (AAA, Hawks) OH Perry-class ships are also in the harbors. The strange thing is that when SAMs fire, some of them self-destruct. Only some of them, not all of them. Only SAM launchers self destruct, not the radars. In Soviet SAM sites this also happens. Any idea?? Thanks!!!!

How far do the rockets get before the launcher blows?

ECM makes SAM missiles blow their warheads not too far off the launcher, and in my game, I can't use ECM because I use some nuc warheads, cos they blow the launchers, the radars, the terrain tiles :lol: , everything lol.

I had the same problem once in WoE. Here in a different topic i stated this: http://combatace.com/topic/68861-sams-populating-far-away/page__p__539906__fromsearch__1#entry539906

this issue emerged with only certain types of sam launchers sa-11s etc. It was caused either some part of the launcher blocked the missile's way so try to reduce extent positions from it's .ini file. I did deleted some external parts(radar etc) from the launcher then they began firing normal. Or.. this may be a terrain specific issue that way i have no other idea.