Stary

SF2: North Atlantic product page up!

http://www.thirdwire.com/project_sf2na.htm

:yikes:

cockpit shot

:drinks:

post-8911-0-36053500-1330475629.jpg

Product Details

Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic is a jet air-combat game set in hypothetical Cold War Soviet invasion of Iceland. The player flyable aircraft include F-14 Tomcat and A-7 Corsair II.

<p class="normal" align="left">The campaign is set in 1979 hypothetical "Cold War gone Hot" scenario - what if the Soviet Union had decided to invade West Germany in 1979? The key to Soviet victory in Europe rests in the capture of Iceland and its vital strategic US base located there. With the Soviet in control of Iceland, the NATO forces would not be able to contain the Soviet Northern Fleet, and the American reinforcement fleets would not be able to reach Europe.

Join the US Navy and USS Nimitz Carrier Battle Group sent to reinforce the Iceland defense, protect the carrier from Soviet long-range bombers, and strike the Kiev battle group of the Soviet Northern Fleet!

The game is designed for Windows 7/Vista and DX10 capable video card. It can be merged with other games in the series (

Strike Fighters 2, Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam, Strike Fighters 2 Europe, and Strike Fighters 2 Israel) for additional aircraft, maps, missions, and campaigns.

WARNING: This game does not work on Windows XP or on DX9-class video cards! You must have Windows Vista or later, and a DX10-class video card (nVidia GeForce 8-series or better, or AMD HD2000 or better)

blank.gif

blank.gif

[/url]spacer.gif

Player Flyable Aircraft

• F-14A Tomcat

• A-7E Corsair II

AI Aircraft

• A-6E Intruder

• EA-6B Prowler

• E-2C Hawkeye

• F-4E Phantom II

• MiG-21 "Fishbed"

• MiG-23/27 "Flogger"

• Yak-38 "Forger"

• Tu-16 "Badger"

• Tu-22 "Blinder"

• Tu-22M "Backfire"

• Tu-95 "Bear"

• An-12 "Cub"

spacer.gif

System Requirements

Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz

Memory: 4.0 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 4.0 GB free space

Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10

Price: $29.99

blank.gif

Damn! I'm on vacation. Look forward to hearing about it!

Who won the free copy?

Dunno!

JimBib got me though :this: too slow

(that mirrored strut texture under mirror is f-ugly! not buying until it's fixed! Ok, relax, just kidding!)

Edited by Stary

Oh well, it hasn´t been released yet, i can´t buy it:( but it´s close:)

it's there so my OP is still valid :tongue:

Something tells me we're getting waaaaarrrmer..........

In any case, whenever it's released I'm not going to buy it til I know at least what changes it'll make to my current setup

Leave your current setup alone. I'm probably sticking to SF-1 (lack of time) but may get this for its own install, and who knows maybe there will be good advances to make me switch my game over to 2na if I get time.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Anybody notice a difference in the System Requirements?

SF2NA:

SF2/V/E/I:

Memory: 2.0 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 1.0 GB free space

Video Card: 128 MB DirectX 10

This new setup is certainly going to be a lot more demanding

time to move on I guess... It was announced as DX10//11 title from start, so no harm done

Edited by Stary

Anybody notice a difference in the System Requirements?

SF2NA:

SF2/V/E/I:

Memory: 2.0 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 1.0 GB free space

Video Card: 128 MB DirectX 10

This new setup is certainly going to be a lot more demanding

My computers laughs at these requirements. MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH

My Mom's lappy can run that so ok for me :spiteful:

My Mom's lappy can run that so ok for me :spiteful:

My Alienware M14 can run this bad boy too like a raped ape.

so, is it or is it NOT released? Or is the pre-order? (only asking, cause tommorrow, the 29th was the dat I picked...)

My Alienware M14 can run this bad boy too like a raped ape.

You, good Sir, have strange affection to my mom's laptop and primates.. It's the latter that worries me. Sheila!

You know, men used to compensate for...ahem...inadequacies with fast cars...right C5? (Don't you own a Corvette??) :grin:

But now, it's all about the Hertz, RAM, and pixel pushing...

Sigh...geeks...whatta going to do...

:lol:

FC

mine does too...

mine does too...

So does mine too :fu:

Listening to the radio online here. Peggy Lee's "Fever" has just played. Quite appropriate given our sense of anticipation here :heat:

My biggest question is how the new terrain engine will affect the rest of the games in the series. Full or limited only to SF2:NA? Hmmm...

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the new terrain is just that... new features that don't and won't exist in the old terrains. Yet, the new engine will support the old terrains to permit merging/backwards compatibility with previous mods. As I understand it from TK's previous discussions about improving the terrain engine and the tradeoffs it requires: needs more resources (double the RAM requirements in the hardware specs!) and smaller maps to permit higher detail with the limitation that the more the map looks like high-end first person shooter games the closer in size it will be to such games with corresponding horzion/fog limits.

While I would prefer maps like Vietnam/Thailand with 1:1 scale, accurately placed bases, and aerial refueling... SF2 is heading in the direction of an island in the middle of nowhere... like OFP/ArmA series. Ok for shooters, not much fun for recreating historical missions. But backwards compatibility with the older terrains means you can pick you poison: latest graphics with small detailed map or the old ugly graphics but nearly full size terrains. As long as that option exists, I am OK with the new stuff.

More than likely the new terrain will be limited to the new maps. From discussions in previous posts, the new terrains will not be tiled based by LOD based, so I'll bet NA ships with two terrain code paths - one for the new, and one for compatibility with the old.

I'm wondering if the blast deflectors on the Nimitz come up, I haven't seen it in any screen shots so, this has me wondering if now are we going to be able to launch consecutive times in the same mission or, if they were just not animated?