Hi,

I just bought some of SF2 series and I really want to create my own mercenaries campaign. I have the campaign customiser but its not exactly what I hoped for.

I dont want to do anything very ambitious, just take an existing mercs campaign, move the date to the mid-80's and change the starting aircraft and opposition aircraft.

I have searched around, but I havent found a thread on this. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks

Kersosene

Hi,

I just bought some of SF2 series and I really want to create my own mercenaries campaign. I have the campaign customiser but its not exactly what I hoped for.

I dont want to do anything very ambitious, just take an existing mercs campaign, move the date to the mid-80's and change the starting aircraft and opposition aircraft.

I have searched around, but I havent found a thread on this. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks

Kersosene

Welcome!

Probably the easiest way to get into campaign customization is to extract the stock campaigns using the CATextractor and have a look around. It's very simple and you can just change dates and aircraft to your liking. Or just download a usermade campaign and open it up with notepad to have a look around. I recommend my DESERT DUEL campaign, as it is very simple. If you don't have all the planes I use in it, you can just change them in the INI and DATA.INI files.

And HERE is the link to the ins and outs of that stuff, from the knowledge base forum.

Edited by arthur666

Welcome!

Probably the easiest way to get into campaign customization is to extract the stock campaigns using the CATextractor and have a look around. It's very simple and you can just change dates and aircraft to your liking. Or just download a usermade campaign and open it up with notepad to have a look around. I recommend my DESERT DUEL campaign, as it is very simple. If you don't have all the planes I use in it, you can just change them in the INI and DATA.INI files.

And HERE is the link to the ins and outs of that stuff, from the knowledge base forum.

Thanks for this, its really handy.

I've got a few general questions about campaigns now.

1) I have enemy and friendly units sharing an airfield, why? Is there a limit to how many units can be stationed at an airfield, Im wondering if I have too many units at 1 field and its pushed one to somewhere else? I have 3 friendly and one enemy unit at the D10 airfield, its inside my territory.

2) Can I adjust the monetary values assigned to mercenary kills/bounties?

Thanks

Kerosene

@kerosene,

I'm assuming you have the correct base location listed under your squadron, so your theory sounds like a good bet. If you like, you can edit airbases to support more squadrons in the terrain/desert/targets.INI file.