Hellshade

OT: The best games of 2012 from PCGamer

Lol, borderlands 2 and Diablo 3 aren't on the list therefore this list is inaccurate.

This year is coming out rather lackluster it seems, only a few games I'm looking forward to. Hopefully this just means that the next generation of consoles are being worked on furiously.

:yikes: Not a U boat with wolf packs in sight , but the year will be saved by OFF 2.

Well I think in that entire list there may be 1 or 2 games I would buy... most of them seem to be console ports. But OFF2 and SF2NA should occupy me for most of the year when I am not out riding my bikes... :drinks:

The only one that has me interested enough to pay full price for was the last one on the list - Starcraft 2: The Heart of the Swarm. The rest will have to wait on the bargain bin.

ArmA III for me - in my opinion if they polish it right (which I hope they do, seeing as it's the biggest production team Bohemia Interactive have had for one of their games) then it could possibly be the greatest game ever made (no pressure BI.)

Then again I used to think Operation Flashpoint was the best game ever - and now ArmA II, so as long as ArmA III is better than ArmA II it should do alright. :grin:

I've been playing the Operation Flashpoint Series (OFP -> ArmA -> ArmA II) for coming on the last 11 years pretty much non stop - and considering I'm only 23 that's rather a portion of my life I must say!

(Though Obviously Over Flanders Fields is the best Flight Sim - that goes without saying!... Even though I just did! :tongue: )

Edited by MikeDixonUK

ArmA III for me - in my opinion if they polish it right (which I hope they do, seeing as it's the biggest production team Bohemia Interactive have had for one of their games) then it could possibly be the greatest game ever made (no pressure BI.)

Then again I used to think Operation Flashpoint was the best game ever - and now ArmA II, so as long as ArmA III is better than ArmA II it should do alright. :grin:

I've been playing the Operation Flashpoint Series (OFP -> ArmA -> ArmA II) for coming on the last 11 years pretty much non stop - and considering I'm only 23 that's rather a portion of my life I must say!

(Though Obviously Over Flanders Fields is the best Flight Sim - that goes without saying!... Even though I just did! :tongue: )

You're not alone my friend. I've been playing it also since the first OFP, in spite being a little older 47, it's 10 years of my life, playing non stop.

And like OFF2 it will be a first day buy, with all the bugs. I just don't care. I know they will be ironed.

So Arma III is together with OFF2 the main titles for me this year.

But there are also and some don't even appear on that list, like "Commander: The Great War"

Edit: And I was forgetting this, if that's not only a port to iOS.

http://www.baldursgate.com/

Even if it was a HD remake it would be:

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

Edited by Von Paulus

Other than OFF2 and the Steam Easter sale which I hope has some of the recent DLC for the train simulator (Trainsimulator 2012) I enjoy very much on sale, I am keen on Arma 3 and Flaming Cliffs 3. I've been contemplating giving Third Wire's newest jet sim a looksee (never tried any of their sims). :salute:

War of the Roses looks interesting..and Max Payne 3 should be a blast....GTA games are always fun...but, all that fantasy stuff...it just looks like sh*t to me

Oh..War of the Roses...Multiplayer only!....there's more and more of this now!..it's easy, and cheap to develop MP games...because you don't even have to have the imagination, to develop a storyline...so any geeky nobody can do it!...I despair