Sign in to follow this  
arthur666

Making the elevators effectively larger?

Making a F-16 Blk15, and read that they have larger rear stabilizers than earlier builds. I'm using the stock TW Netz model. What settings would I change to make them larger, flight model-wise only? I just want it to have a slightly different handling characteristic while still feeling very similar to the original.

Edited by arthur666

From the fuzzy recesses of my brain, I don't recall any differences between flying the Blk 10 and the Blk 15. Without pulling out my Dash 1, I recall the significance of having a bigger elevators was primarily during out of control recoveries and using the MPO switch to rock the airplane out of its pitch hang up (the nose kinda bobbing up and down while spinning). I can't recall any noticable difference between the Blk 10s I flew in RTU and the Blk 15s I flew at Kunsan or Moody. Just looking at my Dash 1, there is NOTHING in it suggesting a significant difference in handling. One other place to look is my F-16 MCM 3-3 which is a collection of unclassified phase manuals rolled into one. Standby...

Section 6 of the Dash 1 only has a small Note about the small tail Blk 10 being more prone to deep stalls/departures since it operated at a more aft CG and more prone to Yaw departures with external stores (especially assymetric stores). Since the SF2 flight model does NOT replicate the extreme ranges of the F-16's envelope, I would not bother with tweaking anything. Honestly, how would you know what to tweak?

Cheers

Section 6 of the Dash 1 only has a small Note about the small tail Blk 10 being more prone to deep stalls/departures since it operated at a more aft CG and more prone to Yaw departures with external stores (especially assymetric stores). Since the SF2 flight model does NOT replicate the extreme ranges of the F-16's envelope, I would not bother with tweaking anything. Honestly, how would you know what to tweak?

Cheers

Appreciate the help. It's nice to have someone with some first-hand knowledge around.

I already gave it TWS radar mode plus Sparrow capability, so I guess she's ready for action.