Sign in to follow this  
ericw43

OFF Phase 4

I will be purchasing Phase 4 of OFF. Unfortunately I never played the previous versions. There are a few questions I would like to ask regarding Phase 4 of OFF.

Do you have to have the previous version of OFF in order to play Phase 4?

Does Phase 4 still use the MS Combat Flight Simulator 3 engine? If so, no problem at all.

When will it be available for purchase:)? I would gladly pre-order it now.

I am really excited and aticipating the release of this program and plan on spending many hours using it.

Thanks for your time and have fun!

Eric

I will be purchasing Phase 4 of OFF. Unfortunately I never played the previous versions. There are a few questions I would like to ask regarding Phase 4 of OFF.

Do you have to have the previous version of OFF in order to play Phase 4?

Does Phase 4 still use the MS Combat Flight Simulator 3 engine? If so, no problem at all.

I am really excited and aticipating the release of this program and plan on spending many hours using it.

Thanks for your time and have fun!

Eric

Hi Eric,

OFF2 (Phase 4) will be stand alone so you don't need previous versions.

It does still use some CFS3 files to install and is based on the engine, but OFF2 will be such that CFS3 is totally unrecognisable in game - such are the advancements made by the OFF team - it's virtually a totally different sim and much the better for it.

The OBD team are working (as always) flat out but we still have to complete the work and beta test before any release date can be considered.

Same for the rest of us, Eric, absolutely the same for the rest of us! :grin:

Eric:

While waiting fo P4 to be released you might want to go here:

http://combatace.com...-phase-1-and-2/

and request a copy of phase 2 to use in the meantime, I'm sure that someone will send you a copy.

Tony

I don't know if I would recommend Phase 2 disks to anyone at this point. They don't even do a shadow of justice to what Phase 3 and it's expansion accomplished, let alone the total re-write that OFF 2 will be. I'd hate for anyone to get the wrong idea of how great the sim really is at this point compared to the old freeware versions. I mean I guess it would be fine as along as when someone gets them they realize that P2 in no way shape or form represents the quality and breadth of Phase 3 or the upcoming expansion. It's like playing the original Doom and expecting it to give you an idea of what Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3 is like. Yes, they all focus on guns from a first person shooter perspective...but after that....

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hellshade