I keep reading little remarks here and there in various different threads about there being a new FA-18 model in the works......Just wondering if we could get a little bit more information on it.....like who's making it? how far along is it? and would it be possible to get a few pictures of the progress.....especially some cockpit shots.

Cheers

Romflyer

I'm pretty sure the short version will be:

"Two weeks!"

I'm pretty sure the short version will be:

"Two weeks!"

Yep......I specifacally avoiding mentioning anything about when. :grin:

I keep reading little remarks here and there in various different threads about there being a new FA-18 model in the works......Just wondering if we could get a little bit more information on it.....like who's making it? how far along is it? and would it be possible to get a few pictures of the progress.....especially some cockpit shots.

Cheers

Romflyer

There are various shots of it in the screen shot thread of skins that Sid and I have done for it already. I even think there is a pit shot in there.

What game is this? Is this third wire strike fighters?

Edited by MAKO69

Janes' Fighters Anthology

especially some cockpit shots.

You have two pit shots in my gallery

Hey guys thanks for the replies, I did find the pit pix in the screenshot section........NICE WORK Brain32 !! :clapping: I love those reflections on the MFD's, are those reflections static? it reminds me of some old Bill Lyons planes for FS9, he had a series of planes that had similar looking reflections on the gauges and it was a very nice touch.

I spend probably 80% of my SF flying time the F-18 so I am really looking forward to this new version.

So whats left to do in the project? those pictures have me thinking that it wont be much longer.......would you guys say its likely to be more than 2 weeks........or less than 2 weeks? :grin:

if you need Beta testers.......?

Reflections are semi-dynamic actually the sun and lighting reflections are fully dynamic

There is still a lot of work, more than it seems at a first glance, I need to make a proper SMS MFD page and that takes some time as the game really does not support such things so we have to make up workarounds.

I'll post some new pics a bit later :grin:

So whats left to do in the project?if you need Beta testers.......?

We only have one C version done about 85%...we still have the A/A+/B/D to do and skins...and pits mods....

More than 2 weeks......maybe 2 months.... :lol:

Oh and don't forget the CF-188 Dave! The Aussies, The Kuwaitis, The Finns, The Swiss, The Spanish, and the Malays.:grin: And the USMC!