So with my Triple Head 2 Go my only hiccup is the field of view in the cockpit. Now I can adjust individual cockpit settings so I don't seem like I'm sitting with my nose on the in the radar screen. But that is a pain in the ass. I messed with the view list but can't seem to get it right. I used DO's reference at SimHq but it doesn't seem to work for me. Any ideas on how to make it so sit back farther in the pit? Thanks fellas.

In the viewlist there's a FOV entry that you can play with -

[ViewClass002]

ViewClassName=CockpitViewClass

ViewType=FIXED_VIEW

ViewGroupID=1

DefaultView=CockpitFront

AllowFromDiffGroup=TRUE

SnapView=FALSE

InsideView=TRUE

FocusObjectOnly=TRUE

FOV=60.0 <-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PitchControl=CAMERA_PITCH_AXIS

YawControl=CAMERA_YAW_AXIS

RollControl=

ZoomControl=CAMERA_ZOOM_CONTROL

JumpToViewSameGroup=FALSE

JumpToViewDiffGroup=TRUE

SmoothAngleTransition=TRUE

SmoothPositionTransition=FALSE

SmoothFOVTransition=TRUE

RememberAngle=FALSE

RememberFOV=TRUE

LimitPitch=TRUE

LimitYaw=TRUE

LimitRoll=FALSE

ZoomFOV=TRUE

ZoomScale=0.01

PanScale=0.00160

MinSpeed=100.0

MaxSpeed=10000.0

Acceleration=2000.0

AngleRates=480.0,360.0,360.0

FOVRate=60.0

MinAngles=-135.0,-20.0,0.0

MaxAngles=135.0,110.0,0.0

MinFOV=15.0

MaxFOV=120.0

OffsetDistance=0.06

TrackIRUseAbsolutePos=TRUE

Edited by ianh755

I tried that and no luck.

I seem to recall you saying that you have trackir??.. If so then just sit in a comfortable position then press the center veiw button for your trackir, if that feels to close then just lean forward slightly and hit the button again, when you lean back to your comfortable spot then you will be zoomed out..... Once you get it right then you are ready to throttle up

Unless I am misunderstanding your question???

Thanks all I figured it out. Had a brain dump. Thanks all.

Was it

MinFOV=,

MaxFOV=

?

Hi Dave, I am trying to get the game to run correctly using a Nvidia Surround set up on three screens. I'm having the same "nose up against the windscreen" feeling. Could you please post the settings you used to solve this issue with FOV? Did you change the FOV, MinFOV, MaxFOV or all three? Your help would be appreciated.

I messed with all three and its still not great.

For 3 Screens,

FoV should be 120/180 (2-3x the normal single screen FoV)(Adjusting that number had side effects on my system when zooming).

MaxFOV should be 240, which presented with the same level of zoom facing forward as a single screen. across all the screens.

also make sure your aspect ratio is correct in the .ini File.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3271921/Spliff.html#Post3271921

I am going to have to ask an embarrassingly dopey question.. . . . . Where exactly is the viewlist file? I searched through all the folders and can't seem to find it. I assume it is supposed to be in the "flight" folder, but is not present. Does it have to be generated somehow?

I am going to have to ask an embarrassingly dopey question.. . . . . Where exactly is the viewlist file? I searched through all the folders and can't seem to find it. I assume it is supposed to be in the "flight" folder, but is not present. Does it have to be generated somehow?

It has to be extracted from the flightdata.cat, and then placed in the flight folder, prior to editing.

Is there a general guide available on how to do this?

Regular 16:10, Resolution/FoV Both Correct:

post-182-0-01029900-1334599743.jpg

Incorrect Aspect Ratio Screen, FoV is Wrong, The Default Zoom is Correct, Image is being Rendered 16:10 and Stretched to 48:10

post-182-0-85017700-1334599888.jpg

Correct Aspect Ratio Screen, FoV is Tight, Default Zoom is Too Far Forward, Image being Rendered 48:10 @ 5760x1200

post-182-0-80538300-1334599986.jpg

Mixed View of 16:10 and 48:10 using Default Viewlist FoV settings.

post-182-0-47970800-1334600097.jpg

Correct Aspect Ratio Screen with Edited FoV Settings, Aspect Ratio is Rendered Correctly at 48:10, Max FoV has been increased from 120 to 240:

post-182-0-32136300-1334600262.jpg

This worked for SFP1 in Win7, as well as SF2 Through Exp2, Havent tried with SF2:NA.

Update: First Make Sure your Total Aspect Ratio in your options.ini is correct (not in the ingame options menu)

Options.ini

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayWidth=

DisplayHeight=

AspectRatio=

For Figuring out your aspect ratio (in case people run different resolutions),

Aspect Ratio = Total Horizontal Resolution Divided By Vertical Resolution.

So,

1920x1200 x3 Screens = 5760x1200, 5760/1200=4.8

1920x1080 x3 Screens = 5760x1080, 5760/1080=5.333

1680x1050 x3 Screens = 5040x1050, 5040/1050=4.8

1280x 960 x3 Screens = 3840x 960, 3840/ 960=4.0

1024x 768 x3 Screens = 3072x 768, 3072/ 768=4.0

Basically:

16:10 Screens= 4.8,

16:9 Screens = 5.33,

4:3 Screens = 4.0

Second, The Default FOV is 60, Max is 120 (2x FOV), Runnign 3 Screens is 3X FOV, so I Had to change the Max FOV to 180 from 120, which allowed the Cockpit to display w/ close to the default Zoom and the Correct Aspect Ratio, To have it Zoomed Out to where the Whole Radar Scope Display is Visible at Default Level, I Had to Set it to 240

So,

1. Extract the Viewlist.ini from the FlightData.CAT

2. Open Viewlist.ini

3. Goto ViewClass2,

Change:

MaxFOV=120.0

To:

MaxFOV=240.0

Repeat for ViewClass3

4. Save The Viewlist.ini to the user Mods Folder:

-Win7 /Users/<UserName>/Saved Games/Thirdwire/<StrikeFighers2 Game Folder>/Flight/

-WinXP /Documents And Settings/<UserName>/My Documents/Thirdwire/,StrikeFighters2 Game Folder>/Flight/

Double Check to Make Sure Your resolution is Correct and your Aspect Ratio as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help, but I am still having problems. I have extracted the viewlist file from the flight.cat, placed it in the "flight" folder in the "Mods" folder found on the C drive. I am pretty sure it's in the correct place, but the altered viewlist file does not appear to change or affect the game in any way. I experimented with a range of settings, but I get the same field of view. Can you suggest what I might be doing or not be doing for the game to be unable to read the viewlist file? Should I try for a complete re-install from scratch and see if that improves things? I am out of my depth with this but would very much like to see the game running on three screens. The external views look fabulous, but as it is, the FOV in the cockpit is too narrow to be playable. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

well i dont have all 3 of my displays (i only have 2 of my older 1680x1050 LCDs until i finish moving stuff from storage this summer).

So:

Eyefinity w/ 2 Screens in SF2:NA.

Boot SF2NA, goto options, Set Resolution to the Eyefinity Res. (3360x1050), Didnt touch the Aspect Ratio Menu (it was defaulted to 16:9 i think), resulting image below.

post-182-0-52978700-1335764897.jpg

Now, I Opened the Options.INI located in <x:\Users\Saved Games\Third Wire\Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic\, and Changed my Aspect Ratio from 1.77 (1920 Divided by 1080) to 3.2 (3360 Divide by 1050), resulting Image Below:

post-182-0-41975500-1335765041.jpg

Now In Cockpit view looked like this w/ Default Viewlist Settings:

post-182-0-73567700-1335765074.jpg

Opened Extractor, Extracted the Viewlist.ini from the FlightData.CAT, Moved it from the /Extracted Files/ Folder to <x:\Users\Saved Games\Third Wire\Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic\Flight\>

Went to View Class 2, and Changed Max FOV from 120 to 240, And this is what the Pit looked like:

post-182-0-84970300-1335765169.jpg

and this is the Default Single Screen Pit:

post-182-0-82462200-1335765193.jpg

This is My Viewlist for Cockpit View:

[ViewClass002]

ViewClassName=CockpitViewClass

ViewType=FIXED_VIEW

ViewGroupID=1

DefaultView=CockpitFront

AllowFromDiffGroup=TRUE

SnapView=FALSE

InsideView=TRUE

FocusObjectOnly=TRUE

FOV=60.0

PitchControl=CAMERA_PITCH_AXIS

YawControl=CAMERA_YAW_AXIS

RollControl=

ZoomControl=CAMERA_ZOOM_CONTROL

JumpToViewSameGroup=FALSE

JumpToViewDiffGroup=TRUE

SmoothAngleTransition=TRUE

SmoothPositionTransition=FALSE

SmoothFOVTransition=TRUE

RememberAngle=FALSE

RememberFOV=TRUE

LimitPitch=TRUE

LimitYaw=TRUE

LimitRoll=FALSE

ZoomFOV=TRUE

ZoomScale=0.01

PanScale=0.00160

MinSpeed=100.0

MaxSpeed=10000.0

Acceleration=2000.0

AngleRates=480.0,360.0,360.0

FOVRate=60.0

MinAngles=-135.0,-20.0,0.0

MaxAngles=135.0,110.0,0.0

MinFOV=15.0

MaxFOV=240.0

OffsetDistance=0.06

TrackIRUseAbsolutePos=TRUE

if you can, post a camera phone video or something of you loading the game and running, and i'll look and see what you did wrong.

Edited by SkateZilla

forgot to add, that i DID NOT go back to the Graphics Option Screen after I changed the Options.ini

i should have all my screens back by this weekend for 3 screen eyefinity, I'll write up a guide with pictures this weekend,.

the settings for 3x1 eyefinity have definately changed, i will post a guide soon,

as soon as i activate the 3rd screen in the group with the above settings i get what you got Aggressor Blue.

I got the Aspect Ratio Part fixed, just working on the Pit FOV/Zoom.

Edited by SkateZilla

OK Eyefinity Peoples Here's My Setup:

Creating the Eyefinity:

1. Create Eyefinity Group

2. Give Center Screen the Deferred (minimizing center screen tearing)

3. Set Triple Buffering

4. Force VSync ON.

(i still get some tearing on the left screen, but im running everything maxed and it likes to dip from 60 Fr/Sec to 45 when panning).

Configuring Strike Fighters 2: (if you have a Custom Viewlist.ini, Skip to Step 7)

5. Extract the Viewlist from the FlightDATA.CAT

6. Place Viewlist.ini in <C:/Users/<UserName>/Saved Games/Thirdwire/<StrikeFighers2 Game Folder>/Flight/> Folder

7. Open Viewlist.ini, Goto ViewClass2, OffsetDistance=0.06 To Change OffsetDistance=-.175, Also Change MaxFOV to 240

8. Repeat for ViewClass3 if you want the Snap Views to be pulled back as well.

9. Launch Strike Fighters 2

10. Goto Options

11. Goto Graphics

12. Choose the Eyefinity Resolution from the Drop Down Menu.

13. Choose the Aspect Ratio Of Your Center Monitor (16:9, 16:10, whatever, disregard what i said earlier about changing aspect ratio and resolution in the Options.ini).

14. Start a Single Mission and Test.

My Aspect Ratio is Set to "WideScreen: 16:9", with a Resolution of 5760x1080. All set from the options screen.

In 3 Screens Mode, if i change the Aspect Ratio in the Options.ini your face is against the windscreen and everything is stretched vertically.

This is what I got right now for my Cockpit View:

post-182-0-85022000-1336093383.jpg

Compared to Normal Single Screen:

post-182-0-23950000-1336093513.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Hi Again, Skatezilla. I will endeavor to borrow BACK my video camera (Was borrowed by a friend months ago for a family event by a friend) and will have a video of what is happening. Thanks for you kind offer to help.

Hi Again, Skatezilla. I will endeavor to borrow BACK my video camera (Was borrowed by a friend months ago for a family event by a friend) and will have a video of what is happening. Thanks for you kind offer to help.

Did you see my last post on the 1st page?

Hey, i have 21:9 monitor, so i did what was said above and it works, BUT only on first mission, when i restart it goes to stretch mode. I made both ini files read only, but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Adjusting individual cockpit settings may be a pain, but by golly it works. I do this for newly downloaded aircraft. I do it for personal preference, not because the settings are wrong.

Often, I adjust eyeball height so when I place the flight path marker on the deck, whilst coming in for landing, I can still see it in the HUD.

So you know the settings in the Cockpit file. There are three numbers separated by commas.

OFFSET:  Slide graphic LEFT (+) RIGHT(-), Zoom IN (+) OUT (-), Slide Graphic UP(-) DOWN (+)

VIEW ANGLES: Rotate Left, Tilt UP (+) Down (-), Rotate RIGHT

POSITION, you would not normally touch because this is where the designer has accurately positioned the cockpit within the aircraft model.

Mostly I use Zoom IN and OUT OFFSET to be at a  comfortable distance from the HUD. This is a sensitive setting, and 0.01 is a safer increments to adjust by. 1.00 can put you outside the aircraft.

I use Slide Graphic DOWN to position the flight path marker, again a sensitive adjustment. The eyeball is often too low in a stock pit. Then I use TILT UP or DOWN to compensate. The latter are more coarse adjustments, so adding or subtracting 1.00 is a good way to go.

Then maybe you have to move the HUD discretes a little in the Avionics file.

I don't use the rotates.

So yes, fiddling with these settings is a little time consuming, but the results you can get are awesome and very rewarding.

Egg-sucking lesson over.