FLOGGER23

If tomorrow i learn to stencil a skin...

what, like below??? (backwards because that' show the skin is mapped -backwards and inside-out)

it's a simple extra layer with the text typed in. Same is done for the various warning, rescue and so forth tags

Exactly!, i think i have ironed out now, but stenciling will be a bit slow, might take two more days, or less maybe

Edited by FLOGGER23

Is that Lindr2's floggers? Looks very nice! Also, be sure to add a "base layer" with some basic noise or something to break up the flat surface a bit. At least I think it adds to visual realism. A good tip to add weathering is to use blending options - outer glow on the panel line layer and rivet layer. I use blending options a lot when i texture.

Well, yes they are based in Lindr`s Floggers, but since this is my first skins i´m not too sure how to add the base layer:) a bit of help could be good for that:)

Well, we all have our different ways of going about, but I suggest you put new layer above all the basic paint patches and colours but below the rivet and panel line layers. Then select in the color window two grey-ish colurs, one darker and one lighter. Now select filter->render->clouds. Now you can try different of the artistic filters if you want to sort of break up the clouds. Then add a noise filter with a pretty low setting, perhaps 2% and make sure monochrome is checked. Now change the layer properties to overlay or perhaps multiply, adjust opacity and check the results out. The effects should be quite faint but enough to break up the colours, to give it some "texture". I can have mulitple such layers with different effects applied to get the result i want.. It can't be too powerful or the map seams will be too visible and a pain in the ass to fix. Hope that helps! :drinks:

EDIT: Here is an example of the MiG-25 texture I am working on, as you can see i have three different layers that produce the final effect:

gallery_19311_694_254328.jpg

Edited by Centurion-1

oh!!! excellent!!! I've been trying to figure out that 'spotty' look for years!!!

thankyouthankyouthankyou, etc!!!

Ok, got the stencils now and the decal on the first one, still have 4 more skins to go, but they will be ready soon:) got to learn those weathering techniques, even i´m trying to get this planes as newer as possible:)

Hi Enoc, that`s a fantastic work! A very welcomed for this old lady! Thank you, and its nice to see how to make skins and other stuff.

Like it

:drinks: