Sign in to follow this  

ok so got SF2 loaded in my new rig, and loving it! never knew FPS could be in the double digits :grin: couple questions though...

-have a ripple in the terrian(both stock and Starys latest GermanyCE upgrade) with white flicker across tiles. too fast to catch on screenie.

-also have a wierd shadow effect that flickers across aircraft for half sec at a time. for those old enough to remember, think the video for "Take on Me" from back in the 80s.

-finally, new to Win7, how do i get to my F_ keys?!?!?!? (F5, F6 etc)

specs are....

-750GB 5400 rpm HD

-8GB DDR3 memory

-1GB ATI Radeon 7470M graphics card

-Intel i5-2450M 2.5 GHz (boost to 3.1)

-Windows 7 Home 64 bit.

appreciate any advice you can give.

Hmmm, that sounds similar to my specs! :grin:

Go to Catalyst Control Panel, set all your s**t to MAX (don't worry, SF2 will HANDLE it)

DO NOT let any feature on the panel be application-controlled.

Eliminate fade in the SF2 Mod Options.INI, then go in-game and set your Shadow on HIGH only.

There was a fix for flickering alpha objects, but I forgot what thread it was in.

SidDogg

Mobile GFX Overheat quickly... Turning them down may stop some of the anomalies.

the ripply terrian may be ATI related ... they're always had problems of some kind

yes, set shadows to HIGH only -- there's still some small anomoies with shadows cast by ground and TOD objects.

Your riplling terrain issue may be due to what's known as "tearing", which occurs when you disable vertical synch.

the ripply terrian may be ATI related ... they're always had problems of some kind

yes, set shadows to HIGH only -- there's still some small anomoies with shadows cast by ground and TOD objects.

I have had ATi almost since SFP1s Walmart release (Voodoo 5500 back then)-> 8500, 9800 Pro, 800XL, x1800XT, HD4890, HD6870.

There were some driver issues along the way (8500 in particular), but I haven't had an ATI driver issue with SF2 in recent history (years?). The changes TK has made with respect to view distance and fade in have caused problems compared to the past (that are independent of the video card brand), but nothing that can't be fixed.

In Win 7 with DX10 enabled, it does no good to specify anti-aliasing in the Catalyst control window. Only the application settings affect the level of FSAA. This is true of ALL DX10/11 games! So, the checkbox in Catalyst should be "determined by Application". SF2 supports FSAA, so you can edit the options.ini in the user folder to specify the level of FSAA you want, including none if you so choose. Having discussed this with TK on the Third Wire forums, the settings should be easy to understand:

[GraphicsOptions]

AntiAliasing=4

2 = x2, 4 = x4, etc.

Edited by streakeagle

appreciate the help guys. Siddog is the winner here as the only mods i had added were my personal Phantom mod and Starys Germany improvements. but the graphics setting in Catalyst control was unspecified. had not changed or disabled anything yet and probs were there in stock and lightly modded. overall i am pretty impressed with how its running, esp after a standard Compaq Presario that i boughtin Dec 08! as asked earlier, i am used to using the F keys to change view. how so i use them on a new HP Pavilion? :dntknw: it came to the house while i was in the stans and of course my wife doesnt know where the paper work is. its like trading in an 82 Subaru for a 2012 Buick!