Sign in to follow this  
Planejunky

New SF1E install with Win7 64bit, odd happenings!

I'm trying to install SF1E onto my new computer. The installation went smoothly, the hangar screens are all fine etc, but once I hit "fly" and the sim starts, I get this! :blink: Can anyone offer any suggestions please? Cheers!

SF1Escreen.jpg

I'm trying to install SF1E onto my new computer. The installation went smoothly, the hangar screens are all fine etc, but once I hit "fly" and the sim starts, I get this! :blink: Can anyone offer any suggestions please? Cheers!

SF1Escreen.jpg

Looks as if your in-game resolution is not matching your monitor's native resolution. Update to the '08 patch level, if you have not done so already, and adjust the resolution to match your desktop.

Waaaaaitaminute... Is this machine a laptop with two GPUs?

It is a laptop yes, but strangely it's not had any problems running other stuff such as FSX and IL-2. The game screen rez matches the PC rez too. :dntknw:

Check the threads at TW tech support forums, maybe search for "laptop" there. A few of the forum members ran into this - it's the video driver screwing up, if memory serves.

Check the threads at TW tech support forums, maybe search for "laptop" there. A few of the forum members ran into this - it's the video driver screwing up, if memory serves.

Ah ok, cheers for that I'll check it out later.

I'm now having real problems getting signed up the to Thirdwire support forums, when I tried signing up I constantly got this message "one of your responses below was not correct" even though I checked everything was in order and passwords matched. :blink:

Of course I should've mentioned I have SF2E, NOT SF1E, clearly a senior moment! :grin:

Do you know if there's a newer cat extraction file please? The only one I have is sfp1e_10.

If you are on a recent SF2 patch you need to download it from Thirdwires site

Ok, I've now patched right up to Nov 11 and guess what? Yep it seems to have resolved the problem by itself, well so far anyway! :clapping: