tranquillo

War Horse: The Real story

For those in the UK- Channel 5 at 8.00 this evening. I've only just noticed it myself. Archive footage and testimony tell the poignant stories of some of the million British horses that served in WW1.

A number of us retired Marines had been passing around the video of Sgt. Reckless (War horse). Not WWI but none the less inspiring. Link attached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=YIo3ZfA9da0

Beautiful Video Nbryant...thanks for posting!

For those in the UK- Channel 5 at 8.00 this evening. I've only just noticed it myself. Archive footage and testimony tell the poignant stories of some of the million British horses that served in WW1.

Will have a watch of that m8

nice post...............thank you!!!

Yes, I watched it (had to record One man and His Dog) :grin:

A very moving account....I found tears rolling down my cheeks in the last 5 minutes..where those beautiful Black Horses, who survived the Horror...pulled the gun carriage, with the body of the unknown soldier to Westminster Abbey.....very moving indeed

I have difficulty understanding how a person could have survived that war, let alone a horse.

During WW1 So the story goes it was my Grandfather's job to take ammunition to the front with a horse. Unfortunately they took a shell and his horse was killed and he was severely wounded and repatriated home. He would never talk of his experiences.