Recluse

2 Questions: Falklands FRS.1 HUD and General Bomb Release sounds.

Posted this over at the SIMHQ Third Wire forum, but no responses:

Question 1:

I just got around to installing the Falklands 1982 mod to my long neglected SF:P1. Looks and works great!

I have a question about the Altitude Indicator on the Sea Harrier. Looks like a clock face circle with a line that goes around with a digital altitude indicator inside the circle. I cannot figure out what the analog indicator (the line going around) is useful for!! Not sure how to translate the position of the line into an altitude figure as it seems to go round and round. Haven't flown the aircraft all that much, so maybe I am missing something. Tried Googling all over the place for an FRS.1 HUD for explanation. There was a pretty nice series of pix in the SIMHQ Jet Thunder Forum but I didn't see this particular display.

Thanks in advance, and a long delayed BRAVO ZULU to Kesselbrut for this great mod!!

Question 2:

Generally in the series (SF:P1 stock, Falklands and other mods, WOE stock + WOE Nato Fighters) there seems to be very little feedback when ordnance is released either by a sound (CLUNK!) or appreciable change in the feel of the aircraft. It's sometimes hard to know if bombs have really come off the racks other than by switching to an outside or weapon camera view, or, if all of a certain type of ordnance is dropped, noting that it is no longer available when cycling through weapons. Any mods that give a little more awareness when bombs come off the racks?

Thanks in advance!!

There are no mods for what you are asking for. Typically, during bomb release, in real life, you would 'feel' the thunk through the aircraft frame rather than hear anything.

The sim does model some performance changes when weapons are dropped...asymetric drops will show as a 'heavy' wing.

Also, some cockpits will change displays as a weapon is released.

FC

There are no mods for what you are asking for. Typically, during bomb release, in real life, you would 'feel' the thunk through the aircraft frame rather than hear anything.

The sim does model some performance changes when weapons are dropped...asymetric drops will show as a 'heavy' wing.

Also, some cockpits will change displays as a weapon is released.

FC

Thanks for the response. I guess some other sims 'cheat' with an audible 'thunk' to make up for the lack of tactile sensation. I definitely have felt the asymmetry when dropping (e.g.) a Mk.84 from one side while the other was still on the rack.

it's a hollywood magic similar to falling bomb's whizz