redwolf

Borked my Mig-15bis...help please

In trying to solve a problem with the Mig-15bis (they were appearing black and skins were missing for some reason), I have wrecked the install of it. I am trying to get it fixed, but I am unable to re-install expansion pack 1 as it says, "this setup file is out of date and cannot merge with the newer vision". I have a fully merged SF2 with SF2, Vietnam2, Europe2, Israel 2, Exp1, + Exp2 - along with the Nov/11 update. Am I going to have to reinstall the whole darn thing just to fix the Mig-15?????

Thanks for any help!

In trying to solve a problem with the Mig-15bis (they were appearing black and skins were missing for some reason), I have wrecked the install of it. I am trying to get it fixed, but I am unable to re-install expansion pack 1 as it says, "this setup file is out of date and cannot merge with the newer vision". I have a fully merged SF2 with SF2, Vietnam2, Europe2, Israel 2, Exp1, + Exp2 - along with the Nov/11 update. Am I going to have to reinstall the whole darn thing just to fix the Mig-15?????

Thanks for any help!

Just go to your modfolder and erase everything in the MiG-15bis folder, except for the MiG-15bis.INI . That should return it to stock. If you have more than one modfolder, copy it from an untouched one. I keep one modfolder "clean" for just such an occasion.

Edited by arthur666

Thanks arthur666, unfortunately I think I am doing everything you aren't supposed to. I download and installed suhsjake v1.3 Mig-15Bis as a temporary fix while I sorted things out and it overwrote the original .ini. - my bad for not making a back-up. Trying to pull it from the exp1 setup (using 7-zip), but I can't find it (it must be packed within one of those ObjectData.pat's).

...just having one of those days...arrrgghhh!!!

Edited by redwolf

redwolf, use Thirdwire Extractor from Thirdwire downloads on their site, install it, and then search for yes, Mig-15bis in one of Objectdata.cat CAT files, I don't remember which one though

ObjectData020.cat

has the main inis you need

empyt out the 15 and 15bis folders of everything, extract the 2 main inis, and let it rebuild.

Or if I recall correctly, just deleate the messed up Mig-15 folders, and when you run the game again, it will create the new Mig-15 folders automatically.