Gespenst

Any way to reduce the loading time?

I found that the loading time is somewhat too long, especially if there are many mods around (esp. while Nato Fighters 4-only SF2E mod, the mission loading is extremely long, about 3 minutes, while I put 20 to 30 mods in SF2Ex2, and the load time seems to be more normal, and if I try to put Ordnance Shop II mod there, the pre-main menu loading time will be even longer.).

Any way to reduce the loading time of modded SF2? Thanks.

Here's my laptop spec BTW:

Intel® Pentium® CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz

2.00 GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 310M

Windows 7 32-bit

Yes, there's one good solution, it's costly though - get a SSD drive!

More RAM and a faster CPU, but since you have a laptop, you can only add more RAM.

more RAM of course, then after first loading time next ones will be faster, that is only true to series 2 though

(btw such laptop isn't the best system for playing heavily modded SF2 IMO)

I've got pretty long load times, too. I keep a paperback next to my computer. You can read and play video games at the same time.

So more aircraft = longer loading times?

More anything = longer times. More terrains, more planes, more skins for existing planes, more weapons...perhaps missions and campaigns are the only thing that DON'T affect it. Or maybe they do, but you'd need so many to notice a difference and I don't think anyone has that many!

Je größer das Terrain ist und je größer die Auflösung der skins der Flugzeuge ist, desto größer ist die Ladezeit. Du brauchst entweder mehr Speicher oder du verkleinerst die Größe der skin Dateien.

As bigger the terrain and as bigger the size of the skins for the planes, so longer the loading time. You can solve it with more RAM or with making the skins smaller.

Has this loading behavior changed over the SF-2?

I run this in my SF-1 2008, and the main screen appears in about 5 seconds (first load from disk, not ram), and I'm running the biggest terrain HFD and probably TFD that anybody ever has (12,000km x 5km tile size), and I get in the pit in a few more seconds -- granted with no terrain objects so far which if I recall from IL-2/FB, the Lenningrad map was so slow to load because of the near 400,000 building objects Oleg's bureau put in there.

c49fc093.jpg

Intel® Pentium® CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz

2.00 GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 310M

Windows 7 32-bit

not to sound rude, but the anwser IS pretty obvious. the machine is at, or below, minimum specs for SF2

the only way around, other than a new multi-core machine,and a much larger graphics card, would be to turn down EVERYTHING -- lower all the graphic levels, turn OFF all shadows, resize all the aircraft skins way down, and rezise the terrain tiles to 512 on add-on terrains -do NOT use any hi-rez tiles sets!...

the terrains, especially mine due to their heavy population of objects, can drasticly increas loading times on lower end machines

(again, not trying to denegrate or sound rude -- it's just the truth of facts!)