VT_Screen2.png

VT_Alpha_2_1.png

VT_Screen5.png

vt_ingame_f-15e_r10.png

http://www.moddb.com/games/vector-thrust

http://time-symmetry.com/

The alpha video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R1wwRBYns5g

(I know there are something quite wrong with the flight physics, even for an arcade ones. But they said that they've fixed it already)

I know this is the exact opposite of simulator (alias fully arcade), but at least, the devs have claimed it to be completely moddable, from the planes, loadouts, missions, and even campaign structure (if it's eventually possible, the dev will also bring dynamic campaign system there).

The planned Alpha release will come 'soon enough'

Plus, they said that the ground units can be made playable.

Also:

META DATA

The meta data is a small amount of information that helps organizing every unit in the game:

-Role

(Fighter, bomber, awacs, recon, etc)

-Production Type

(Mass Production like the F-22, Prototype like Mirage 4000, Concept like F-16 FSW and Fictional like Mig-37)

-Active Year

(the year that first flight or entered service)

-Deactive Year

(the year that was removed from service)

-NoCombatant

(If the unit is not armed)

Note 1: About the concepts in the production type, some of them have very little information available and will be very difficult do replicate the original design.

So it is possible some concept types may not be 100% accurate)

Note 2: Aside from the Mass Produced, the active and deactive years of the other types may be imagined.

The usefulness of this data is to allow sorting the playable units, especial when the playable list becomes really big.

Also, it automatically allows newly added units to be available in a battle scenario that request units from a specific time window or other conditions.

And other use is to easily create an aircraft list for the AI to use in the Skirmish mode. (For example: Allowing only Mass Production types active in 1992)

Is it me or it looks similar to...that in Strike Fighters? :\

Always liked the idea of a moddable Ace Combat. I'm not sold on the cell shaded textures though, never really been a big fan. Still, looking forward to seeing the end product.

Yeah, cell shading seems unusual for this, but you never know.

But not modding new aircrafts? Unless I missed it, I figure, if they offer modding new aircraft, or new terrains, etc...they'd sing it from the rooftops.

The player has full power over the game in order to tweak, edit or mod every aspect of the game. Adding custom skins, changing a parameter of a unit or creating full-blown battle scenarios is easy and open to anyone.

That's mushy language. However, on the other hand, we have Report 004: Flying Dragon where they added J-35 Draken, as well, -21bis ( Report 006: Bis Bis ) to "balance" the Draken. There is some independent thinking there. LOMAC devs refused to add a -21, so I never bothered with that game.

Very interesting thanks.

But not modding new aircrafts? Unless I missed it, I figure, if they offer modding new aircraft, or new terrains, etc...they'd sing it from the rooftops.

The player has full power over the game in order to tweak, edit or mod every aspect of the game. Adding custom skins, changing a parameter of a unit or creating full-blown battle scenarios is easy and open to anyone.

That's mushy language. However, on the other hand, we have Report 004: Flying Dragon where they added J-35 Draken, as well, -21bis ( Report 006: Bis Bis ) to "balance" the Draken. There is some independent thinking there. LOMAC devs refused to add a -21, so I never bothered with that game.

Very interesting thanks.

Eh? If you read their main blog (http://time-symmetry.com/), they said that it's very possible to mod new aircraft.

Nope. Can't find it. Where did you see it?

I found this rather soft language...

About vehicles, weapons and maps it will be possible to add new content made from scratch.

~ http://time-symmetry.com/games/vector-thrust/

Looks interesting if it can be taken to the 1950s. Thanks.

Nope. Can't find it. Where did you see it?

I found this rather soft language...

Looks interesting if it can be taken to the 1950s. Thanks.

Found it in their Moddb/Indiedb page instead

The steps to add content where made to be as easy as possible.

Current procedure to add a new plane:

-clone the “.ini” of an existing one.

-change the parameters.

-add the model, textures and sounds

-place it on a mission or as a playable plane in a campaign

-fly it

Any other content follow this logic: adding it in the game folder and reference it to something use it. The game folder is also organized to be easy to add/remove and edit any file.

Campaigns can also overwrite the parameters of every object in the game, so it’s possible to have different user created campaigns using the same aircraft but having different specs.

More facts about this game:

But just to be simple, assuming it will be via alpha funding in the desura, the first release will be available very soon and including performance variants (like F-15A->F-15C) you can expect something like 30~40 available aircrafts. And that is only a small fraction; the final version may have x4 to x6 more.

Custom skin is already supported

The urge to make every ace skin is very big, but it will be left some of them to the users to make. By the way, for every aircraft will be available a skin template, it is the same that is used for the “official” skins, so it will be very easy to just add color, as a result you can make your own skin very quickly.

It supports prop planes and organic models as well!

But by now, it is already fully supports prop planes.

Gradually it’s becoming even more flexible, so in the future it will be possible to add organic models. (for a dragon rider mod maybe?)

About the campaign, take-off and landing, etc

Yes, it will be possible to take off and land in the carrier, and it will be made to be versatile enough so it will be possible to do it any other kind of vehicle (like taking off from a giant airship, it may not be “officialy” used, but that possibility is always interesting).

About the default campaigns, it will have at least 2 campaigns, one linear and other with branches (probably it will have more, considering how effortless it is to make campaigns and missions, they are only be limited to the number/quality of the ideas we have)

The cockpit view hopefully will be available to all aircraft in its alpha release.

Edited by Gespenst

Cool, when i saw the draken with the SAHR screen, it brough me ace combat memmories - AC5 and AC0 good good, really good times!!

Default Data Overwrite System This is a very simple but also very helpful system.

One of the most common problems that would occur without this system would have been for example, when a player created a campaign and drastically changed the default values of units or weapons to their liking in order to better suit the new campaign, these changes would also take effect in the official campaigns and probably would have caused compatibility issues.

This problem would be aggravated if the player downloaded a Custom campaign which changed the parameters of some objects, in which case the player would be faced with the choice of deleting their changes or maintaining them running the risk that they would not be the best for campaign they have downloaded.

For this there is a solution, a system that allows in an organized way all the campaigns and battle scenarios to have the possibility of overwriting the default data without changing the original parameters. This system even also allows replacing models, textures, and adding new objects (units / weapons / etc).

It is believed that this system will allow adding custom content without fear of generating incompatibilities with other content. Although it is always possible to change the original data, this system will help a lot in the organization of new content.

And is very simple to use, simply create a folder with the same name as the original in a specific zone of the campaign data, these new attributes prevail over the original when playing that campaign.

Interesting...

Looks interesting.

Flight mechanics look simplistic in the video.

Any Cockpits??? Didn't see any.

I kinda like the Anime style.

Edited by Hellman

Any Cockpits??? Didn't see any.

The devs have promised it. It should be present soon enough.

Also, the next report teaser:

r013preview.jpg

Still waiting for the playable demo, though :\