Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

Another F-4 video

Queen and Phantoms! if not for the scrapped airframes this would be a totally excellnt vid.

brilliant video, i used to live there in the 80's and used to love seeing the Phantoms and Lightnings visiting for target practice every year.

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing. It brings tears to my eyes to see once-mighty and magnificient war machines scrapped like they are nothing...LONG LIVE THE PHABULOUS PHANTOM!!!!

Its part of the very,very rare Phantom Phinale videos. The originals were released on video during the last display season and were made by Mark "Manners" Mainwaring the Navigator in the last display ship.

Like I say the original videos [VHS only] are now ultra rare, unfortunately they've never been released on dvd which makes the chances of seeing the full versions virtually impossible, unless you're lucky enough [like me.... :grin: ] to own them both AND have them backed up to disc.

Its part of the very,very rare Phantom Phinale videos. The originals were released on video during the last display season and were made by Mark "Manners" Mainwaring the Navigator in the last display ship.

Like I say the original videos [VHS only] are now ultra rare, unfortunately they've never been released on dvd which makes the chances of seeing the full versions virtually impossible, unless you're lucky enough [like me.... :grin: ] to own them both AND have them backed up to disc.

and so what will we have to bribe you to share? :grin:

sorta in the same boat here, have part of a Northrup promo vid featuring Marine Hornets to the tune of Van Halen Dreams. only on VHS tho and been tryin for a few years to convert to DVD. will definately post here if ever converted.

Phinale 2 is up on youtube.

Ahhhh, thats only another single section m8, each one on the originals last about 40 minutes & has a different Queen track for each sequence. :grin:

Happy days, eh? FANTASTIC VIDEOS!! :clapping:

I remember back in the late 80s or early 90s seeing a BBC News bulletin where they simulated a QRA alert at RAF Mount Pleasant for the cameras. For some reason that report has stuck in my mind - the running for the Hangars - the strapping up and the engine start - the glowing, screaming Spey engines heading down the runway away from the camera.

Would love to see that report again but I wouldn't know where to start looking :this:

Edited by Piecemeal

Ahhhh, thats only another single section m8, each one on the originals last about 40 minutes & has a different Queen track for each sequence. :grin:

I haven't looked at them all but the uploader claims that he's put 5 parts on t'tube.

Edit: sorry, I see what you mean.

Edited by crl848