Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

Halberstadt DIII

the A-team site has updated the lod for the Halberstadt D.III so that the rudder is moved forward to the corect location and the elevators work better. you can download the lod file in the topic "Halberstadt D.III rudder issues" in the "Model and Fix Requests" forum. you will need to look in the out file and find the names of the rudder and elevators and change them in the data file so that they funtion properly. Also it's not perfect but a simple ini trick removes the exaust stack on the D.III making it look more like the D.II.I wonder if somone with a little pull with the moddlers here can get somone to make the long style D.II exaust to add via the "fake pilot" method?

Edited by whiteknight06604

Wow- nice find - off to grab the update now!

My info on the DII is that the long horizontal side exhaust is an early DII, the vertical 'smokestak' one (as above) is a leter DII; the DIII (and perhaps very late DII) is short horizontal (Albatros-style) exhaust. As these things might have been interchangeable in the field, the longer aioerons with the rectangular balance at each end, may be the only reliable way of distinguishing a DIII.

they were very acomodating over there when I asked for the fixes. I hope that this plane gets more use now that the rudder looks a little more normal.

Thanks for the heads up whiteknight, going to D/L it now!