Dave

Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic Is Released!

Thirdwire's much anticipated release of Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic has finally come.

Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic is a jet air-combat game set in hypothetical Cold War Soviet invasion of Iceland. The player flyable aircraft include F-14 Tomcat and A-7 Corsair II.

The campaign is set in 1979 hypothetical "Cold War gone Hot" scenario - what if the Soviet Union had decided to invade West Germany in 1979? The key to Soviet victory in Europe rests in the capture of Iceland and its vital strategic US base located there. With the Soviet in control of Iceland, the NATO forces would not be able to contain the Soviet Northern Fleet, and the American reinforcement fleets would not be able to reach Europe.

Join the US Navy and USS Nimitz Carrier Battle Group sent to reinforce the Iceland defense, protect the carrier from Soviet long-range bombers, and strike the Kiev battle group of the Soviet Northern Fleet!

The game is designed for Windows 7/Vista and DX10 capable video card. It can be merged with other games in the series (Strike Fighters 2, Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam, Strike Fighters 2 Europe, and Strike Fighters 2 Israel) for additional aircraft, maps, missions, and campaigns.

Player Flyable Aircraft

• F-14A Tomcat

• A-7E Corsair II

AI Aircraft

• A-6E Intruder

• EA-6B Prowler

• E-2C Hawkeye

• F-4E Phantom II

• MiG-21 "Fishbed"

• MiG-23/27 "Flogger"

• Yak-38 "Forger"

• Tu-16 "Badger"

• Tu-22 "Blinder"

• Tu-22M "Backfire"

• Tu-95 "Bear"

• An-12 "Cub"

Available by going to the Thirdwire online store by clicking the link below.

https://store.thirdwire.com/store.htm

I'm in. System reqs be damned. Full spead ahead, me hearties.

Whew getting it now!!!

They must have been working on this one all day. Late release tonight!

Edited by exhausted

Well, I can say the only terrain that makes use of the new terrain engine is Iceland. Sigh, they have the rest of the maps there, but only the Iceland maps uses the new terrain engine.

That's good. Else 100% of the user made terrains would suddenly be incompatible with the game.

I'm installing.

Guys, just as a quick reminder, be sure to move any 3rd Party AIM-54s, CVN-68, CVN-65, CG-25, EA-6B, and E-2C files somewhere else before installing just in case the Thirdwire objects use the same names and folders.

I got it and I palyed! I'm worried about long effective range of Phenix AAM. I thought that it may be upset gaming balance.

On the other hand, file extractor is not working in this version.

Edited by matsu0042

OH MY GOD SINGLE MISSIONS FROM CARRIERS!!!!!

OH MY GOD AEW MISSION TYPE ADDED FOR THE HAWKEYE!!!!

OH MY GOD RANDOM NATION-SPECIFIC AND PERIOD-SPECIFIC CARRIER CAPABLE AIRCRAFT GENERATE ON THE CARRIER AS TRAFFIC!!!!

Edited by Swordsman422
  • Like 1

the big question to me is: is the tomcat capable of firing multiple AIM-54 at the same time?grin.gif

You should find out, sir.

SidDogg

You should find out, sir.

SidDogg

i can't now this.gif, my PC have only 2 Gb RAM

• Like 1

the big question to me is: is the tomcat capable of firing multiple AIM-54 at the same time?grin.gif

Yes!

Sort of.

The AIM-54 does not require that you be in Single Target Track mode (radar locked on single target) in order to fire. The target must be selected on the radar but you don't have to lock and the weapon will track. AIM-7s still require STT mode engaged in the radar.

• Like 1

Yes!

Sort of.

The AIM-54 does not require that you be in Single Target Track mode (radar locked on single target) in order to fire. The target must be selected on the radar but you don't have to lock and the weapon will track. AIM-7s still require STT mode engaged in the radar.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGyess.gif

OK, now that I'm starting to play this. Just WOW. Absolutely loving it. Brings naval combat to a whole new level of awesomeness. Starting the campaign tomorrow. :drinks::grin:

Can you take off from carriers in single missions??

(and not only in campaigns and user made missions as until now)

Yes. It's specific to the Iceland terrain for right now, but once we figure out how battlegroups work, we may be able to modify ALL the terrains to allow it.

I am saving up some of my paycheck and am SOOOOOOOOOO getting this!

OH MY GOD SINGLE MISSIONS FROM CARRIERS!!!!!

OH MY GOD AEW MISSION TYPE ADDED FOR THE HAWKEYE!!!!

OH MY GOD RANDOM NATION-SPECIFIC AND PERIOD-SPECIFIC CARRIER CAPABLE AIRCRAFT GENERATE ON THE CARRIER AS TRAFFIC!!!!

I can run single missions from carriers in all the other SF2 games....have been for years!!

yes. all naval aircraft start on carriers

I can run single missions from carriers in all the other SF2 games....have been for years!!

Really?! I sure would like to know the secret to this gem. I have only ever been able to use a carrier during a naval air campaign. Never inside a single mission.