Ok I added a weps pack, effects and terrains all work fine.

Badgers launched a s**t load of ASM's and as far as I could tell you can lock on them and fire at them. You have to be fast though.

The jamming or what I think is jamming is hardcore. It took a bit to lock on to Badger C mod with a Sparrow.

The recon Bears I think are sending targeting data to the Badgers.

There is no map though when you hit M. The voice overs are for the E-2 really sound different for lack of a better term.

So far though I am very pleased.

Mission editor and Campaign editor work fine.

I lack burners and I can't extract the flight data with the 3W extractor.

Iceland seems very white and featureless. I don't think it's a feature though.

On the A7E Campaign noticed the screen starts red plane fails to launch properly rolls of at 130 knots off the end of the carrier and explodes. The f-14 launch perfectly. Damn the russain boats are a death trap :heat:

I lack burners and I can't extract the flight data with the 3W extractor.

One thing for modders, the .CAT file format has changed somewhat, so I'll need to work on a new extractor and also new Weapons Editor, they'll be released sometime next week (should take few days to test and put them in installers, but I also need to get some sleep before that icon_smile.gif ).

I'm getting the same with the Iceland terrain. Otherwise no issues just yet. Haven't tried campaign stuff so far.

I'm getting the same with the Iceland terrain. Otherwise no issues just yet. Haven't tried campaign stuff so far.

Change the name of Flight to "-Flight"

I haven't started adding mods yet, but I'm going to go slowly. A couple of bugs I've noticed:

1. Occasionally the game will spawn multiple ships inside of each other, including carriers.

2. I'm glad I backed up my controls.ini before I started the game, since it seems SF2NA completed borked my control file by having all controls offset by one key in the configuration menu. I restored my controls.ini from a backup and everything seems to work, so I don't know if it was an isolated incident or the controls file is actually messed up. Working fine now, though.

Fully merged updated install with all titles: Soviet ships have NO SAMS, Took 4 Harpoon A's to sink Kiev with my Razbam A-6E TRAM using Baltika's Iceland terrain. New ship damage effects are nice! fires on the deck. Hit a Kashin with four Rockeyes, all I did is set a few fires. Hit a 3rd party Soviet ship in my mission with one Rockeye and deep sixed it. Black screen when switch to map as the Dave said. The stock Kittyhawk CVs have semi populated decks! I downloaded it in a standalone to compare and got tooled by Soviet Sams from the boats repeatedly. The new Hawkeye voices are kinda..... uninspiring, but will get used to them. Noticed something called USNSpeech cat file so maybe we can work around this. The missiles countdown in the F-14 HUD so that is good news for us tracking that kinda stuff.....I like it and thank the guys in Austin for putting this together!:drinks::good: Cannot wait to get a look at those data files!

MY BN took this pic of the Kiev rolling over! Great stuff.post-38143-0-36434800-1331361154.jpg

Edited by CrazyhorseB34
  • Like 1

Anyone notice CAG decal support on the A-7E? I wonder if this brings us to yet another decal level?

Hey, that looks real nice! I really can't wait until we can get our hands on the code changes...

FC

Fire up F-14, set radar into TWS mode, press lock on buttons and watch little numbers apprear next to contacts...

The super-duper Fringe Nimitz...heh. Also, that looks like 3 ships total in that screenshot.

FC

Was the HUD previously showing a mark on the edge when the radar target went outside the HUD borders?

I selected Iceland NA in mission editor, ships came up as Battle Groups. All the Battle Groups had superimposed ships. Edited the mission and deleted the battle groups and as I "warped" to the IP it locked up. Also the planes on the deck are random and change just like populated airfields.......

Check this FC!post-38143-0-91241700-1331361861.jpg

Hey look you've got trees... I have yet to see any. Found a bug with the jet exhaust spreading vertically... weird. I see a lot to like so far.

post-30410-0-23955500-1331364294.jpg

Edited by Icarus999

Da runways

img00007.JPG

img00009.JPG

img00013.JPG

Former TODs

img00008.JPG

The amazing backward Phoenix

img00016.JPG

Edited by Gr.Viper

Da runways

post-21726-0-70377600-1331364132.jpg

post-21726-0-18077700-1331364177.jpg

post-21726-0-78005900-1331364166.jpg

Former TODs

post-21726-0-60834800-1331364147.jpg

The amazing backward Phoenix

post-21726-0-36328500-1331364239.jpg

LOL I smell a patch coming out in quick succession ... I'll wait on merging/ installing any mods for a bit.

Ok I added a weps pack, effects and terrains all work fine.

Badgers launched a s**t load of ASM's and as far as I could tell you can lock on them and fire at them. You have to be fast though.

The jamming or what I think is jamming is hardcore. It took a bit to lock on to Badger C mod with a Sparrow.

The recon Bears I think are sending targeting data to the Badgers.

There is no map though when you hit M. The voice overs are for the E-2 really sound different for lack of a better term.

So far though I am very pleased.

Mission editor and Campaign editor work fine.

M key is working for me

After taking a copy of my standalone SF2V (smart boy) I installed SF2NA and merged.

VERY first observations

+ great details (water is terrific, carriers seem to have been improved a big lot)

+ so good to see Soviet fighters - let alone Jolly Roger's turkey! (Bear in mind I was running Vietnam only until now)

- a considerable drop of fps

- a big list of aircraft not really fitting that scenario

Now big question: what benefit does merging provide?

I cannot imagine making use of (Vietnam era) fighters in a modern scenario... Any other implications I am overlooking?:dntknw:

[on soap box] complaint time............... its not a big one........... not a show stopper, well it is for me But I knew it I KNEW it! did i say I KNEW IT..... SF2NA released RITE before i go on vacation at least I get one day to fiddle with it........... [/off soap box] all i can say is thank you TK! I LOVE IT.....get some sleep, if i was in Austin Id buy u a great big Tbone steak... :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..