Enhanced flak MOD doesn't totally work. I don't get sounds from flak bursts in this MOD.

There's a gun fire warning now, so that pilots will warn each other that an enemy is firing his cannons... or that a AAA piece has opened up.

The amazing backward Phoenix

post-21726-0-36328500-1331364239.jpg

I think it's the 3rd or 4th 54 that does that.

...forgot: merging screwed my (quite extensively customized) mod-folder - I need to rewok it now... :suicide2:

(Well I haven't applied Vietnam's XP Jan 2012 anyhow...)

After taking a copy of my standalone SF2V (smart boy) I installed SF2NA and merged

- a considerable drop of fps

- a big list of aircraft not really fitting that scenario

Now big question: what benefit does merging provide?

I cannot imagine making use of (Vietnam era) fighters in a modern scenario... Any other implications I am overlooking?:dntknw:

Yeah getting your TW crusaders into the 1976 start date of this title... or adding all of the other pertinent flyables such as the F-4J and a boat load of other aircraft that were still in service in the mid to late 1970's

Wow, did not expect him to release it this soon. I will be starting to play at once and plan the review :D

In a merged install I was able to sink the Ulyanovsk!! in SF2E

Edited by colmack

Will just play stock for while. Perhaps only add ship sounds.

The new water and reflections add so much to the game. The sense of speed is much improved for me.

The terrain features. Oh they are beautiful, canyons, valleys. Not much detailed texture-wise but a massive improvement.

No complaints at all, loving it so far!

The Yak-38 can't take-off from the Kiev not by player (me) and not (always) by AI. A lot of splashes to fix. Take a try :good:

The Yak-38 can't take-off from the Kiev not by player (me) and not (always) by AI. A lot of splashes to fix. Take a try :good:

Kiev's catapult is dead.

Anyone noticed that A-7E 74 RWR doesn't react to at least one of SAM radar types used by the Soviet fleet?

Took Tomcat for a spin. Recovered at 2000m, but then the game froze as I exited the mission. :grin:

Edited by Gr.Viper

Anyone noticed that A-7E 74 RWR doesn't react to at least one of SAM radar types used by the Soviet fleet?

Well, yes. Was shooting some stuff for the review, and up comes two smoke trails I think are aircraft until they smash right into my wingman :D

I think that is "realism", Paul :grin:

Also, Iceland has no Anti-Ship option. He uses the Strike package for Anti-Ship Missions on the task forces, it seems.

"Bison, Lead. Call the ball!" :D

Edited by JonathanRL

For the modded big campaign what do you think we should have?

I'm thinking it's 1979 and most of these should be flyable....

USA

A-4F USMC

A-4M USMC

A-6E TRAM USN/USMC

A-7D USAF

A-7E USN

AV-8A USMC

B-52G/H USAF

C-130 USAF

C-141 USAF

F-4E USAF

F-4G USAF

F-4J USMC

F-4N USMC

F-14A_77 USN

F-16A USAF

F-111F USAF

UK

Buccaneer S2 (RAF/RN)

Phantom FG.1 (F-4K) (RN)

Harrier GR.3 (RAF)

Canada

CF-5A

CF-101B

USSR

An-12

Il-38

Il-76

Mi-24

MiG-21MF

MiG-23B

MiG-23ML

MiG-23MLD

Su-22M3

Su-24

Su-25

Tu-16s..

Tu-22M

Yak-38

Tu-95

...and lots of SAMs and tanks!!!

Edited by exhausted

Okay Downloaded it and now I can fly but shooting is a different matter no matter how I mod the controls... states one thing in the Default list and does something completly different on the Joystick even after reprogramming also has messed up my mod folder so looks like I will need to re-do that one as well... grrrrr

- a considerable drop of fps

What are your specs?

I'm glad I'm on Dec2010 with my merged install... this way I'm somehow self-forced to make this stand-alone install (as I intended at first) as there will be patches...

Those runways seem entirely build with max :good:

on more thing... from the looks of things we can forget complex terrains in new format for a while

I get a small drop of FPS... when recording FULL HD ;-)

For the modded big campaign what do you think we should have?

I'm thinking it's 1979 and most of these should be flyable....

USA

A-4F USMC

A-4M USMC

A-6E TRAM USN/USMC

A-7D USAF

A-7E USN

AV-8A USMC

B-52G/H USAF

C-130 USAF

C-141 USAF

F-4E USAF

F-4G USAF

F-4J USMC

F-4N USMC

F-14A_77 USN

F-16A USAF

F-111F USAF

UK

Buccaneer S2 (RAF/RN)

Phantom FG.1 (F-4K) (RN)

Harrier GR.3 (RAF)

Canada

CF-5A

CF-101B

USSR

An-12

Il-38

Il-76

Mi-24

MiG-21MF

MiG-23B

MiG-23ML

MiG-23MLD

Su-22M3

Su-24

Su-25

Tu-16s..

Tu-22M

Yak-38

Tu-95

...and lots of SAMs and tanks!!!

The mods campaign should address the US Naval Station at Keflavik as well - this would have been the real grand prize for the USSR forces, and they would have accepted great risk to go get it. At the time, the 57th FIS was operating F-4E's painted shiny gray with a black-and-white checker pattern on the tail, and be part of Air Defense Command (ADC). In addition to the forces already there, they may have tried to flow in F-15 A models from USAFE and ADC F-106's from northeast bases in the U.S. if they had adequate warning time. Also, the Brits and the Canadians would have been a big part of this, as your forces address.

Here is the wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Forces_Iceland

At the time, the 57th FIS was operating F-4E's painted shiny gray with a black-and-white checker pattern on the tail

Aren't those the campaign flyables? Pick USAF as service.

They are, Gr.Viper.

Nice catch ! Did not see it.

The new title theme is kickass btw :D

Edited by JonathanRL

Oh, unused missiles go back into the stores. Nice, I won't run out of Phoenixes encountering only Beards during CAP.

Aren't those the campaign flyables? Pick USAF as service.

*** OK you are right, still getting used to this. see the F-4E's now.

The six shooters (106's) should be allowed to play. They never got to have any fun in Vietnam, and they were tailor-made to destroy the incoming bombers so prevalent in this hypothetical war...

Great one.

But M key shows no map (black)

and when i assign my keys and joystick controls, somehow

the game is setting some back.

Anyone else having that trouble with the controls?

The new Hawkeye voices are kinda..... uninspiring, but will get used to them.

Maybe they should find the voice actor for the AWACS Checkmate from F-22 Lightning 3, he aways sounded interesting and professional and maybe some background noise might add to the immersion.

The new features sound absolutely incredible! I have some questions for those who have already bought the game:

-Has anyone tried to run it under the listed minimum specs? I'm stuck with 128MB video and 2GB RAM, and PC components are ridiculously overpriced in Japan.

-Are carriers sinkable now? (Sounds like the Kiev can be sunk, right?)

-Any confirmation on multiple working missile launchers on ships?

-In a merged install, do the new features like TWS-targettable Phoenixes get applied to the other games?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..