I got the stock LHA working as a carrier, with the parked aircraft being limited to just AV-8's.

I'll upload tonight after I test a little more, in case anyone wants it.

Yes, I want it. :good:

yes, it's not only masochism ... it's akin to insanity.

there ain't a f***ing wrong the IIAF/IRIAF TMF Tomcat, that a few little ini tweeks won't fix. Most of which have already been done, as mentioned just above. If you enjoy spinning your wheels in the mud, go right ahead.

Have fun figuring out the mapping for 3-tone camo -- nightmares galore.

It's something I'd wouldn't waste time on, what with everything else needing to be done to NA.

----

bring on the MEUs!!! Got those nice Harriers (and skins) looking for home base!!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

yes, it's not only masochism ... it's akin to insanity.

there ain't a f***ing wrong the IIAF/IRIAF TMF Tomcat, that a few little ini tweeks won't fix. Most of which have already been done, as mentioned just above. If you enjoy spinning your wheels in the mud, go right ahead.

Have fun figuring out the mapping for 3-tone camo -- nightmares galore.

It's something I'd wouldn't waste time on, what with everything else needing to be done to NA.

+1

bring on the MEUs!!! Got those nice Harriers (and skins) looking for home base!!

+1 again...

No there isn't just not sure why you are against using the TMF Iranian one. So yes it does sound crazy.

Cant imagine the Iranians ever had many AIM-54's their arsenal so I dont really see the TW F-14 .dll avionics being of any significance. Oh well each to his own.

Oh I see he wants identical flight models ... I missed that part.

Edited by Icarus999

Cant imagine the Iranians ever had many AIM-54's their arsenal so I dont really see the TW F-14 .dll avionics being of any significance. Oh well each to his own.

Oh I see he wants identical flight models ... I missed that

I fine it amazing that I can seem to use both models just fine. I have them broke down covering 1972 to 1974, 74 to 77, 77 to 82 and so on. TK did a great job on the sim but TMF F-14 is the standard. If he wants consistency then maybe he should use TMF models since there is a Iranian one in there. What it sounds like to me is that he thinks the 3rd wire one is better and doesn't want to admit it in public. Which is fine but just say it and quit implying it. Not sure why it's bothering me but it is. Maybe because Oli made it and it sets the standard and he is no longer with us.

IIRC the only actual combat Phoenix kill was by an IRIAF Kitty, so there you have it.

I fine it amazing that I can seem to use both models just fine. I have them broke down covering 1972 to 1974, 74 to 77, 77 to 82 and so on. TK did a great job on the sim but TMF F-14 is the standard. If he wants consistency then maybe he should use TMF models since there is a Iranian one in there. What it sounds like to me is that he thinks the 3rd wire one is better and doesn't want to admit it in public. Which is fine but just say it and quit implying it. Not sure why it's bothering me but it is. Maybe because Oli made it and it sets the standard and he is no longer with us.

I've done the same thing - the TW Tomcat is fine, but the TMF F-14 is probably the pinnacle of user-made content for any flight sim. It's amazing, and with the new capabilities the NA engine brings and the hard work of you and Caesar and the others, integrating the Phoenix capability will perfect it. :good:

Edited by Shotgun 27

Caeser and I are getting it together to work now. Just need to tidy up the "look" of the radar If that makes sense.. I'm also messing around and trying to make the pit for TMF bird a higher resolution. Hopefully in a few day we will have something for you all.

I like using both. The TW Tomcat models the look of the late 70's F-14 very well, and the cockpit is pretty nice. Aside the incorrect seats it's probably the best TW aircraft model to date. BUT, the MF Tomcat that Oli made is totally blow away. The B and D models especially are the best I have ever seen in any flight sim EVER, and that includes Dino Cattano's MSFS F-14 model. Plus the meshes for decals are just stupid easy to work with (except the lower half of the radome for some weird reason). And the cockpit panel is eye-wateringly detailed. When it was released, the MF product raised the bar on user made aircraft mods by an order of magnitude and there is yet to be another 3rd party jet that is even half as good. Not that there is anything wrong with the other planes. They're great. But this one is just so much better than anything out there.

As a Tomcat fanatic, I'm glad that my favorite aircraft received such quality efforts from both developer and 3rd party. I consider it a privilege to have the opportunity to produce work for both.

• Like 1

I'll admit publicly that I prefer the TW version. I thought that was implicit. I feel like I really stirred something up that I did not intend to. Dave, seriously, I apologize.

Goodnight yall.

I like using both. The TW Tomcat models the look of the late 70's F-14 very well, and the cockpit is pretty nice. Aside the incorrect seats it's probably the best TW aircraft model to date. BUT, the MF Tomcat that Oli made is totally blow away. The B and D models especially are the best I have ever seen in any flight sim EVER, and that includes Dino Cattano's MSFS F-14 model. Plus the meshes for decals are just stupid easy to work with (except the lower half of the radome for some weird reason). And the cockpit panel is eye-wateringly detailed. When it was released, the MF product raised the bar on user made aircraft mods by an order of magnitude and there is yet to be another 3rd party jet that is even half as good. Not that there is anything wrong with the other planes. They're great. But this one is just so much better than anything out there.

As a Tomcat fanatic, I'm glad that my favorite aircraft received such quality efforts from both developer and 3rd party. I consider it a privilege to have the opportunity to produce work for both.

+1

come to think of it... it IS better than Dino Cattaneo's Tomcat...

:ok:

SidDogg

Changing the subject just a tad, has anyone figured out what's causing AI flights to spawn flying backwards / sideways? I've had it happen on multiple terrains, not just IcelandNA.

Has anyone else had an issues with the carriers not being populated in campaign missions? I'm seeing this for all stock carriers (including Kiev) in every campaign, in both modded and stock NA installs -both merged with SF2, SF2E, SFSI and Exp1 & 2. Single missions are fine in all maps, and what's really interesting is that if I let the campaign generate a mission and save it for use as a single mission, the carrier's decks are then full. :dntknw:

Changing the subject just a tad, has anyone figured out what's causing AI flights to spawn flying backwards / sideways? I've had it happen on multiple terrains, not just IcelandNA.

That means they are at the edge of the map, where the `invisible wall` is.

In NA it happens a lot. For some reason the AI gets tasks to CAP/Intercept at an area outside/border of the map and thus their waypoints take them to the The Wall..

A bug hopefully TK will fix.

Edited by PureBlue

well, one can always (now -that we have to tools!!!-) edit the FlightEngine ini, and kick The Wall back a few dozen KMs

I'd like to take the opportunity and point out that many of the great TMF models are made by FlyingToaster with Blender software

and were then imported to lod format and animated/finetuned by Olivier.

FlyingToaster is too often not mentioned in connection to the TMF models at all, despite being credited as 3d creator in the readmes.

Just for the record.

Aw. Now I feel like suck. My apologies.

TMF puts out some awesome stuff. And their F-14 is, as I stated, the best out there in any sim.

That's true Otto! Very true.

And the cockpit panel is eye-wateringly detailed. When it was released, the MF product raised the bar on user made aircraft mods by an order of magnitude and there is yet to be another 3rd party jet that is even half as good. Not that there is anything wrong with the other planes. They're great. But this one is just so much better than anything out there.

It's hot stuff, yeah, but the only problem I've got with it is the player view angle, which to me gives the impression of being too high up in the cockpit.

Y'all seemed to have forgotten as well about the five star work that ravenclaw did on the Buccaneer cockpit. To me it just pips the MF 'Cat pit at the post (no offence to Oli).

• Like 1

Dave, Otto, Caesar,

PM me if you need any info for your F-14 mods :)

BTW, has anybody had the problem of AIM-54s flying "back-to-front" when viewing it in F9?

Hallo to all !!

I have a question for avionics experts : will be possible add a navigation page on the radar screen of the TW's F-14 as that have the TMF's F-14?

Another thing: in SF2NA if i want play a CAS mission, for example with a F-16A, it' s possible?

Regards.

Toro.

A working LHA that I can fly a harrier off of? You, sir, can count me in!

Hey that gave me a mod idea. Time period and jets are close enough to be right: The U.S. Invasion of Grenada 1982. Littoral combat action with UH-1's AH-1W's and Harriers. TK even made the water the correct color (for the tropics, that is).

BTW, has anybody had the problem of AIM-54s flying "back-to-front" when viewing it in F9?

Yep - was reported on TW also

Do we have any idea how big the borders on the Iceland map are? I've tried pushing the boundary back from 80000 to 35000 and even 10000 and I still get the backwards flying planes - could it be that the AI is trying to do a CAP over an off-map base, therefore smacking into the borders?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..