I'm having the exact same issue trying to get the AI to engage. Hoping for a fix.

I've got Arab AI Hunters to engage the stock US fleet. Strafing went lovely, but they can't hit a barn door with bombs. Mind, stock US and Soviet fleets are very different in defense composition: the US objects are rigged to shoot down bombers and ASM, while close range defenses are nearly absent.

Anyone else see something a little odd here:

On a related note how the hell do you get multiple flights to actually engage, somethimes the flight leads will launch as instructed however I'm finding myself giving up and going back to the boat with pacifist squadronmates who are carrying apwards of 36 Harpoons between them

Craig

Has this been reported to TK? Seems like he is taking his time on the patch and wants to be thorough... Id make sure he knows about it.

Don't worry, if that doesn't get fixed in the first patch, there's always room for more bug reports in TW forums.

Well that's easy.....use bigger nukes....DUH! :blink::rofl:

ya know i was gonna say put a nuke on a Harpoon, but....... :rofl:

can anyone tell me where can i extract the .lod files from SF2NA. Im trying to get the lod files for the F-14 adn cant seem to find them in objectcat.

LODs are locked away from extraction, sorry.

Covered in numerous posts and whole threads across this and other boards

Too bad, i was thinking of maybe using the model on the old gen. planes. many dont like the new F14 pit but i kinda like it. thanks for the info guys.

you don't need LOD for that... just the ini files and proper references in ini files, check Knowledge Base for more details (it doesn't hurt!)

if you mean using series2 LODs in series1, it's not possible because series1 doesn't recognize series2 format

you don't need LOD for that... just the ini files and proper references in ini files, check Knowledge Base for more details (it doesn't hurt!)

if you mean using series2 LODs in series1, it's not possible because series1 doesn't recognize series2 format

you mean there's a way to get the F14 pit in sf1 just with the inis and bmps? guess i have to study a bit more with the KB. i know now what to do during my down time at sea. One more thing. do you think the AvionicsF14A will work with gen1? I tried it with the updated TMF F14A and B and dropping the AvionicsF14A in the flight folder but didnt work.

No, stuff from SF2 will not work in SF1.

Are you doing it for multiplayer purposes?

Its taken a couple of weeks but I've finally managed a missile kill, with a gun of all things :blink:

Flew the Yak-141 against a flight of A-6's: bagged one before launch another shortly after then started a wavetop supersonic chase before scorring a cannon hit on a Harpoon.... which then proceded to blow up and kll me :this:

Craig

Just spent some time flying te AV-8B, is it possible to set it up to only fly from the LHA's rather than the CVN's?

Craig

No, stuff from SF2 will not work in SF1.

Are you doing it for multiplayer purposes?

Partly yes. I want to set it up so my most recent and my 4 yr old laptop can play together.no.gif

The other reason is that both my system are a bit anemic and im still biased in using XP. as it turns out AvionicsF14 on other SF2 version on its own.

You can't use Series2 stuff in Series1, period. Especially from North Atlantic, geez think for a second people!:this:

So to get aircraft to show up on the flight deck all you have to do is change the parking chance to 100 right? I did that and I still don't have anything on the deck. Come to think of it I haven't seen any parked aircraft in SF2NA. Did I miss something?

Hi again!

Is it there a tutorial or anything that explains how to convert the "old" aircraft carriers we had for Strike Fighters to make them usable in single missions in SF2NA ??

I would like to make the Admiral Kuznetzov usable for carrier operations in SF2NA with the Su-33s. I tried modifying the data.ini file of the both (Kuznetzov and Su-33) without success. Everytime I select the Su-33, it starts on ground bases.

I tried modifying the startdate of the Su-33 and set it to 1990, and it takes off from the Kiev (Yes, I know this is unrealistic, but it was only for testing :grin: ) . So I think the needed modification lines in the data file are for the Kuznetzov, not for the Su-33.

found new entries in the dll for terrain.ini or terrain_data.ini, seems unused and worth checking:

GridType

GridScale

WeatherData

AverageHumidity

InversionFogAmount

InversionFogHeight

InversionFog? :blink::dntknw:

I think TK relaxed the restrictions on environmentsystem.ini (though didn't unlock it completely). yesterday I managed to get a "broken" cloud cover with cloud base as low as circa 7000 ft! Before SF2:NA the lowest I observed was like 12000-13000 feet. Stary, has your SARCASM 1.2 mod had anything to do with it? :grin:

Edited by SFP1Ace

inversion fog is what we have on a daily basis here in Los Angeles!!! Usually a brownish color (but it's gotten better over the last 25 years or so...)

I'll dig it more after work, there are other entries that seem unused so far, like BrokenFogColor= :yes:

maybe ehmmm... layered fog? I guess it goes to terrain ini file as it's from terrain engine dll :grin:

found new entries in the dll for terrain.ini or terrain_data.ini, seems unused and worth checking:

GridType

GridScale

WeatherData

AverageHumidity

InversionFogAmount

InversionFogHeight

InversionFog? :blink::dntknw:

fog in the mountains in the future?.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..