(1) It is my understanding that the thirdwire lod export utility tool is incompatible with the current versions of 3ds max ... that it only works with max 2009. Is that correct? (2) backwards compatibility- can a model completed in the current version of max be imported into the 2009 version for .LOD creation and then export to the sim?

thanks for your advise.

Edited by Icarus999

1) Correct...and specifically only for the 32-bit version of MAX 2009.

2) As far as I know, MAX will not let you save to earlier versions of the program...and earlier versions cannot read later versions of MAX files.

FC

(1) It is my understanding that the thirdwire lod export utility tool is incompatible with the current versions of 3ds max ... that it only works with max 2009. Is that correct? (2) backwards compatibility- can a model completed in the current version of max be imported into the 2009 version for .LOD creation and then export to the sim?

thanks for your advise.

You should be able to export your 2012 model via 3Ds or FBX and re-import it into 2009. Should keep everything except maybe the anims - not sure about that. Before you go through all the trouble, email TK to see what version they are currently working with. They may have upgraded for work on NA.

Any news on this, is it still 2009?

Complete noob to all this, but are shaders global or per aircraft with reference library, or done in a dev tool etc?

Thanks