Hi guys

As you know, in 8 days, it's going to be the anniversary of the operation Odyssey Dawn over Libya. So ,a few days ago I said to me , What if I try to make a campaign over it? And I did it, well, I did a "beta" one, only with 3 French and 3 British squadrons.

And I will like to make a "Super one" with your help and knowledge. Ok, let me tell you what I'm planning:

I would like to add the next planes:

Mirage 2000D, Mirage 2000N, Mirage 2000-5F, Mirage F-1CT*, Mirage F-1AZ, Rafale M*, Rafale C*, Rafale B*, Super Entendard, Tornado Gr4, Typhoon, EF-18, CF-18,F-15 , F-16, Mig-25, Mig-23, Soko Galeb.

Ok I have all the planes except, the ones with and *

I've seen in the forum photos of them (The CT, Rafales M,C,B), and I would like to talk with their modders in order to add them in the MOD. Moreover, it would be nice, if we could rework the Libya terrain in order to have Solenaza and Decimmomanu air bases, and also nothern Tchad, were the french have some bases.

Ok?

Here you have some photos of the work I did.

img00019w.jpg

img00020g.jpg

img00021d.jpg

img00042yc.jpg

img00024n.jpg

img00034t.jpg

img00029n.jpg

img00037c.jpg

img00035j.jpg

img00025gw.jpg

img00031q.jpg

I like it! :clapping: :clapping:

My suggestion is for those a little older as me I would like to replay also the famous 1981 encounter between F-14 and SU-22 over Sirte using new SF-2NA features .....

clapping.gifGreat idea, go ahead!

Im waiting for thiscool.gif

Remember also the italian squadrons with Tornado IDS and ECR,F-16 and EF2000 Typhoon.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Moreover, it would be nice, if we could rework the Libya terrain in order to have Solenaza and Decimmomanu air bases, and also nothern Tchad, were the french have some bases.

Not possible. Look at the map size, the location of The Wall (even with the expanded borders trick), the Real World ™ locations of the places mentioned.

The map is as it is; work within it.

I forgotten, remember also the Amendola airbase near Foggia and Gioia Del Colle airbase two important military airports in Puglia.In these days I will add some pages I found on an italian magazine about all the NATO airbases involved in these operation.

Greetings,

Teo

I don't remember the Mirage 2000Cs being part of the op. Maybe add some UAE or Qatari decals/paint.

We don't have the B-2, so that kills nights one & two operations.

Don't forget us tanker guys.

Yes, the French used 6 Mirage 2000-5F from the squadron "Cigognes" in order to cover their "Big brothers" , the 2000D's during the first moths. They even made joint air to air missions with Mirages 2000 from the UAE

Summing up, I would like to have the next planes and Forces:

France:

Armée de l'air:

Mirage 20005F (Working)

Mirage 2000D (Working)

Mirage 2000N (Not sure if it was used)

Rafale B (I have a SFP1 version with a F-15 eagle cockpit which i've just converted into SF2 standard)

KC-135F (I may do a skin)

Marine Nationale:

Rafale M (Someone in the forum has a beta version of it, Do you know who is him?)

Super Etendard (Working)

UK

RAF:

Tornado Gr4 (Working)

Typoon (Working)

Spain

EF/A-18 Hornet M (Working)

Canada

CF/A-18 Hornet (Working)

Belgium, Denmark, Norway and the Netherlands:

F-16 (Working)

Italy:

Tornado (Working)

Typhoon (Working)

Harrier (Working)

USA

USAF: F-15 (Working) and F-16 (Working)

USN F-18E (Working) and F-18F (Working)

USMC Harrier

Ships:

R-91 Charles de Gaulle (Converted from SFp1)

USS Entreprise (Stock aircraft carrier from TK series)

Giussepe Garibaldi (From SFp1)

If I don't forget anything...I will be adding things as soon as posible in order to have it done.

Spanish wings over Libya:

img00047m.jpg

And the europeans Vipers:

img00051e.jpg

img00053w.jpg

img00052ip.jpg

But Gadaffi is still there....

img00050b.jpg

I have the Rafale B working but with no "genunine cockpit" and no fuel tanks..moreover the model has low poly......so....Does any of you know anything about other Rafales , for the SF community apart from the one that we can find in cplengineeringllc.?

These are the informations I promise few days ago.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Cangas for the Rafale for the time been you agoing to have find a stand in there a of then in WIP but no one knows wend they will se the light of day.

my advide on that outher site his stay way never use any thing from there if you to post in CA.

About the Rafale.....we will have to wait. I've talked with Jat who is developing it, he told me that he is working on it as much as possible in order to have it ready. So, by now, we will only be able to fly Mirages and Super Etendards.

Awesome!!! Are you gonna try to add all of those airbases from the above list? We have the B-1, but we do not have the B-2?

Read my post above, #6 ... it ain't possible, without a completly new terrain

No USN aircraft carriers were involved in OOD/UP. The Growlers were shore based.

-S

Read my post above, #6 ... it ain't possible, without a completly new terrain

Oops missed it just excited. OK well work with what you got. Good luck with the mod. :rofl:

No USN aircraft carriers were involved in OOD/UP. The Growlers were shore based.

-S

Yes....you are right. I did it on purpouse because I want to have a scheme of the campaign before adding all the "real" staff.

Is there any campaign editor for SF2? Where can I find it? Because i had one for SFP1 that , does not work with Sf2 and I'm getting tired with the text editor.

Any news about this mod?

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo