Sign in to follow this  
matt milne

thanks to combatace

Probably belongs in the pub, but I just wanted to say a big thank you to the folks at combatace for hosting us for the last 3 years.

around about this time in 09, we were asked to leave the previous forum hosts, combatace graciously agreed to take us on, and its been our home ever since.

So here's a big thank you to combatace, from all the fans and users of off.

A very big THANK YOU indeed, to all of you working so efficiently quiet in the background of this forum!

We sincerely appreciate all you have done for us. :salute:

Edited by Shiloh

Hands down the best forum I've ever been a member of. Hats off to all the folks that make it possible. drinks.gif

Hellshade

Hands down the best forum I've ever been a member of. Hats off to all the folks that make it possible.

Amen! to that...and e-beers all 'round. But may I ask why we were asked to leave the previous Forum? Were we making too much noise for the neighbors?

This is a great place and even if I get a little "hot under the collar" the top guns only spank me enough to set me straight and then point me to the right place to solve my issue.

If you want to visit some unfriendly sights, they are most of the others. Try the Sub hunter bunch, Civ 5, on the worst by far Steam ( that all seeing and knowing thing in the sky).

And just why did we get asked to leave the other site?

I'm glad to be here too. I had my own issues for leaving the last place, - but that's ancient history now. Combat Ace has been a cut above from the very beginning and the OFF forum has thrived here. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

3 years already??? Wow. Time flies when you're having fun, and flying time is fun when you have OFF.

We did thank CA for their kind help at the time too for hosting our forum and helping out in that tricky time. It was in a very abrupt manner we were asked to leave the previous forum and they did wonders - but many thanks to them for continuing to host and for you lot for being here :)

Well, for whatever reasons you're here, and for whatever reasons CA saw fit to host, I don't care. I'm immensely glad you're here and I am grateful to CA for being munificent hosts, and to the people at OBD for their superlative work. So there.

It was in a very abrupt manner we were asked to leave the previous forum and...

Can you tell us why, or is it classified?

Not classified no, basically we are civil about it and I don't want to drag that old stuff up. Briefly, the owner of previous site apparently suddenly became aware we were not a donation-ware/free mod but commercial - and almost immediately we were told to leave and various links changed etc. The fact we were commercial was certainly no secret and was very well discussed and posted in the forum, and our web and various places well before Phase 3 was released. Many main admins knew for sure anyway. Admins such as Henry did a great job over the years and I thank them for that and for the time we had there.

Unfortunately the sudden changes confused the users and us etc.

Maybe it was because you are meant to pay there if you are commercial- not sure, but the team did of course donate several times as individuals as did other OFF users - in fact I and other OFF users had just donated a few days before that again as they had a drive on but we do not make enough to finance large payments or much advertising but hey ho.

It is what it is and we are at CA now which is a great site.

Well, I'll jump onboard here and throw in a big "THANKS!" to our CA hosts too. Great digs, nice atmosphere, and a well-stocked bar. Who could ask for more? :drinks:

Not classified no, basically...

Thanks, Pol.