Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Making A-6E Flyable

I just got SF2NA. I can stand the bugs, as i´m sure it´s a matter of time to get it right, and will keep the specs under control by setting down the graphics. However, when i tried to fly the A-6E, after putting a cockpit, all i get is a view from within the aircraft, with some elements of the aircraft black, obstructing front view, while no cockpit elements aside from the exterior model appearing. Sounds like misplacing positions, but not sure. Has anybody got it right, or shall i wait for the CAT extractor to fix it?

PS: Cockpit working perfectly for A-6A

Edited by macelena

Isnt there an A-6 Pit from SF1, then the Hi-Res Mod.

Tried, but that´s what doesn´t make it

must've done something wrong .. cause the stock WoV A-6A pit works perfectly for me....(as well as the Razbam in the E and E-TRAM)

you DID remember to bring over the A-6A_COckpit.ini and A-6A_Avionics.inis, and listed them correcly in the A-6E.ini???

the position won't change, as its' the same physical model as before...

Thanks, i goofed up big size: all inis were in place, but the cockpit folder was missing...erm...and how do you get rid of the exterior model refuelling probe without the extractor?

Edited by macelena

must've done something wrong .. cause the stock WoV A-6A pit works perfectly for me....(as well as the Razbam in the E and E-TRAM)

you DID remember to bring over the A-6A_COckpit.ini and A-6A_Avionics.inis, and listed them correcly in the A-6E.ini???

the position won't change, as its' the same physical model as before...

Picking up on the Razbam pit, you don't happen to have one modified with the refueling-boom(cockpit one) removed and a RWR added someplace usefull?

S!

Fubar is working on that ... trying to get Jon to activeate the RWR lights

irrc, the node is 'fuel_probe' and can be hidden via a cockpit ini edit

try this:

[CockpitSeat001]

HideExternalNode=Fuel_Probe

ModelName=A-6A.LOD

//Offset=-0.004,0.00,0.01

//Position=-0.35,2.55,0.74

Offset=-0.004,0.00,0.01

//Position=-0.35,3.30,0.74

Position=-0.38,1.25,0.95

note: this is for the Razbam pit ONLY!!!

should look like below...(btw, this is zoomed back, so to show more)

Edited by Wrench
forgot screenie

Wrench unfortunetly, I could never get this HideExternalNode parameter to work.

I put it inside cockpit.ini, BTW razbam cockpit lod has it named: Refuelling_probe, I tried both..

NeverEnough's trick here worked tho..

I put it inside cockpit.ini, BTW razbam cockpit lod has it named: Refuelling_probe, I tried both..

NeverEnough's trick here worked tho..

Same here doesn't work with your adviced cockpit.ini edit. However using the move command from NeverEnoughs cockpit.ini did the trick too.

Small benefit of having the A6E flyable, it get's listed in the NA campaigns list of flyable navy aircraft with VA35 Squadron.

NEW FEATURE: adaptive campaign plane selection based on flyable ones?

However the A6E suffers from the same bug as the A7E. When having selectet "start on ground" in gameplay options, once first mission loading ends you end up right at the carriers bow between CAT1&2. This can be circumvented by selecting "in the air near target" under gameplay options. Once the first mission is flown it can be reset to "start on ground".

S!

That's because you most likly may not have added it as a Component entry, under the aircraft data section section, like so....

[AircraftData]

Component[010]=Hide1

Then, just under the stabs, and above the "crew" entries

[Hide1]

ParentComponentName=nose

ModelNodeName=Fuel_Probe

DestroyedNodeName=

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

This will hide the FUGLY, low-poly third wire refueling probe node. Of course, you'll have to wait for TK to release the cat extractor for SF2NA in order to accomplish this on the E-model.

Small benefit of having the A6E flyable, it get's listed in the NA campaigns list of flyable navy aircraft with VA35 Squadron.

NEW FEATURE: adaptive campaign plane selection based on flyable ones?

Hmmm... Intruder planned for a DLC... :dntknw:

@Fubar: Thanks. As soon as we can edit the aircraft_data.ini I'll be going that way.

I saw too that the A-6E appeared in the campaign when made flyable, but i was really surprised when i installed dtmdragon´s A-4N and the A-4H Ahit (73) got replaced by the A-4n(78) in the Lebanon war.

Edited by macelena

Copied/pasted RWR data from F-16 to replace vector version, but TW A-6E still needs LGB support. I'll get that this week, I hope. I too wonder if a DLC or addon is in the works? Seems unlikely at this point.

FM seems a little too roll-happy, to me.

Edited by arthur666

Copied/pasted RWR data from F-16 to replace vector version

AFAIK, the A-6E did not have a TEWS RWR until 1988 at the earliest.

maybe a stupid question but is there a list of all the files I would need to move from WOV to get the cockpit to work?

i don't think we ever assembled one, like we did for the Zipper (from SF1 to WoV)

best thing to do, extarct everything with the A-6 prefix, expecially looking for bmps and tgas for the cockpit (theres a LOT

edit: ok, looking at the 08 WoE Objects cat, it starts with

A6A Attitude.bmp

and ends with

VDI component bmp

don't forget the avionics and cockpit inis!!!!! (and the LOD!!!)