Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Can someone explain THIS one?

A bug or feature??...... you deceide....

below, is from my base SF2 install (the all-is-everything mods folder), fully merged, with exp1, exp2, and NA. YOu can see the "tiles" or whatever terrestrial material applied, is missing on most of the land

the 2nd shot, taken in almost exactly the same location, in the SF2NA folder (ie: run from the SF2NA.exe), is perfect (or as much as it is)

I now offer for consideration, the renaming of Iceland to "WTFland??".

no idea why one is perfect, one is fouled up, and they all run off the same core cats, dlls and whatnots. And...it was working perfectly this morning, and yesturday....

Can you check if the old stock maps cause the game to freeze on exiting a mission in both exes? It's just like the Gen1 Vista terrain shader bug.

video memor issue?

I have SF2 full merged, with Exp2 and NA. When i run from, say, SF2E exe the Iceland terrain is messed up the same way. Running the same mission from SF2NA, everything is fine.

Not sure, why this happens?

seems new terrain IS somehow exe-specific then

Wrench, its one of the parameters in your old flightenengine.ini messing the new terrain.

Likely to be the detail/mesh settings.. I had to rename my file, until the cat tools are relesed..

Edited by PureBlue

yeah, better not use older flightengine.ini with NA until we can adjust new one, must be some new entries in it conflicting

environmentsystem.ini works

Just be careful with a lot of the stuff in the flight folder. A modded Nations.ini will take your AEW away and you'll be talking to the Red Crown lady again.

or the SF2NA EXE has more up to date coding for the new DLLs/Runtimes.

SF2,SF2V,SF2E,SF2I,SF2Exp1,SF2Exp2 are all still "Windows XP compatible"

Edited by SkateZilla

Same bug here, all merged.

thanks for the replies gents.

all the other terrains (stock and 3rdparty) are working just as before, including Baltika's Iceland IN SF2NA

as to the flight engine, the only thing changed in mine is the 'expanded wall trick', and is not in NA.

OTH, a quick rename of the flightengine.ini, DID bring back the terrain texture; so it's definate taht something is/has been changed.

when the hell are we getting that frakking extractor????

thanks for the replies gents.

all the other terrains (stock and 3rdparty) are working just as before, including Baltika's Iceland IN SF2NA

as to the flight engine, the only thing changed in mine is the 'expanded wall trick', and is not in NA.

OTH, a quick rename of the flightengine.ini, DID bring back the terrain texture; so it's definate taht something is/has been changed.

when the hell are we getting that frakking extractor????

After he fixes most of the bugs?

Dr Ray Stantz: Symmetrical terrain stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.

Dr. Peter Venkman: You're right, no human being would make a terrain like this.

Change Flight folder in the mods dir to "-Flight"

explain that, if you would, please?

cause all that renaming the folder does, is remove EVERYTHING in it from the Game Engine's ™ sight. As all others withOUT the modified flightengine.ini are working fine. (don't forget, all you RWR lists & tgas, enviromental mods -btw, stary's SARCASM mods is working perfectly in NA- and stuff like the seeker heads, etc) all are still working

Ah, err nvm I guess flightengine fix works fine. That's just the fix I used initially.