Rumpler C.I

The Rumpler C.I was a general purpose two-seat plane first produced in 1915. It was used on all fronts and served throughout the war. My model is armed with a Parabellum machine gun on a Schneider Ring in the rear cockpit along with a synchronized Spandau mounted on the left side the engine.

I have included two loadouts, one for eight 11 kilo bombs carried under the wings, and another for two 50 kilo bombs carried under the fuselage.

I have also included three skinning options - A plain linen and a light blue paint representing early models, and a green/mauve camouflage for later in the war. I have included my templates for those who want to make additional skins.

This plane uses the national markings that come with First Eagles, so you can change nationalities to fly for Austria, Bulgaria or the Turks.

I have included decals for serial numbers and, on the linen and light blue skins, for flight letters. You can choose the letter in the loadout screen. The numbers will be applied randomly.

Historical Notes:
The serial numbers are fictitious, but in the correct range for the Rumpler C.I.
I don't know if the flight letters are realistic. The plane looked too naked, and I saw one photo of a Rumpler with a letter "J" on the side, so I allowed my imagination to take over.

Credits:
My thanks again to Ojcar for making the excellent FM file for this plane.
Also, my thanks to Nix for making the realistic engine sound file for the Mercedes 6 cylinder engine. (This is the same sound file used with the Albatros C.III so you may already have it.)

Installation instructions:
For FE1: Unzip the file and move the folder named "RumplerC1" into the FirstEagles/Objects/Airplanes folder. You also need to move the sound file "mercedes160m2.wav" into the FirstEagles/Sounds folder.

For FE2: Unzip the file and move the folder named "RumplerC1" into the FirstEagles/Objects/Airplanes folder. Then in the FirstEagles/Objects/Decals folder, create a new folder named "RumplerC1". Move the folder named "D" from your Airplanes/RumplerC1 folder into the Decals/RumplerC1 folder you just made. You also need to move the sound file "mercedes160m2.wav" into the FirstEagles/Sounds folder.

• Like 1

Wow! Another beauty from Stephen, another gap in the FE hangar filled! Brilliant! :drinks: