Sign in to follow this  
Hansa

Problems with water

I have a problem with water tiles, it seems that there are 2 colors of waters. See screenshot below

The problem is happening with all the water tiles, not only the ones you can see with different color in the screenshot

izq3oi.jpg

Any help will be apreciated

I have a problem with water tiles, it seems that there are 2 colors of waters. See screenshot below

The problem is happening with all the water tiles, not only the ones you can see with different color in the screenshot

izq3oi.jpg

Any help will be apreciated

Hi,

What version of FE are you using and which map did the screenshot come from? I would like to try and compare with my version. I am having trouble with the Flanders terrain at the moment.

Does it always happen to the same tiles or does it move around?

I don't have a very powerful computer and I have noticed something like from time to time, especially when I'm using High graphics mode. The tiles have a flat blue for the water, and the game applies another texture on top of the water. You're seeing a place where the texture is missing and only the tile material is showing. In addition to this, I'll sometimes see that very distant buildings will be white, and then show the correct colors as you get closer.

I'm assuming that it's a memory or processor speed issue.

I use First Eagles Gold heavily modded.It happened with all the water tiles in the Flanders terrain, i'm going to check with others terrains.

I discovered that when i set water quality to High on graphic options the problem is gone.

I think the low quality water has a brighter water colour (the tiles have a darker blue) but i don't know what texture is the one that uses the engine to display the low quality water.

I use First Eagles Gold heavily modded.It happened with all the water tiles in the Flanders terrain, i'm going to check with others terrains.

I discovered that when i set water quality to High on graphic options the problem is gone.

I think the low quality water has a brighter water colour (the tiles have a darker blue) but i don't know what texture is the one that uses the engine to display the low quality water.

Okay, I always have high selected so that is why I could not replicate your problem in my FEG installation. My problem was that I could not run Flanders terrain so I reinstalled Flanders and it seemed to work. I assume you are running Edward's 2007 Flanders that comes from the downloads here. If I take a "busy" screenshot now though it just freezes and I have to CTRL ALT DEL to kill the program. One thing with flight sims is that you will always be fiddling with this or that. If it is not the program it will be your controllers etc. All part of the fun. Glad you worked out your problem though :salute:

looks more like a missing alpha channel on the river tile (tga)

but if you got it working, no worries!

looks more like a missing alpha channel on the river tile (tga)

but if you got it working, no worries!

No, it happens sometimes, with every water tile, specially with medium detail.

I noticed that low detail water is bright blue and high detail water is dark blue.

Maybe there is a tga file for low water detail, but i don't know which file is used for low detail water. (i'm not sure about this)

Tga tiles are right, nothing wrong there.