Sign in to follow this  
stingray77

Someone to supply F-14.ini only

Can someone who already extracted please supply the F-14.ini to me?

Just saw the tools can be downloaded now, but I'm at work... :this:

And as I just want to change the pilots for Wrench's VF-84-pilots (as a start), I hope someone can save me the hassle of extracting the whole set myself... :grin::drinks:

Thanks!

remember, pilot figures are GLOBAL -- that Jolly Roger dude will be in every Tomcat flying. One of the reasons I don't use squadon-specific pilots anymore.

On SF2V I use to work with several sets of aircraft ini's for their respective squadrons - like one F-4B_67.ini with VF-111-pilots, another one with VF-114-pilots and a third one with VF-161-pilots sitting in the 'pits. I just have to select the squad I am going to fly before starting the game... (The ones not used just keep their name like F-4B_67 - VF114.ini ... Easy!)

I'd like to do the same here.

Right now this is fairly easy, because as long as the VF-111 bird isn't fully convincing (still missing the sharkmouth) I am going to fly VF-84 95% of the time anyway...

So, do you have the F-14.ini handy already? Would be cool! :drinks:

PS: thinking it over again - it's not the F-14.ini but the F-14_DATA.ini.........

Edited by stingray77

Not all VF-111 planes had the shark mouth. It was put on and taken off several times throughout the squadron existence.

Heck, after VF-111 transitioned to the tomcat, they didn't even have the sunburst on the tail. Just the air wing code in red letters. The sunburst appeared only on the ventral fins (which is a bastard to get lined up, I'll tell you). That shark mouth on the nose? That is one hell of a hard decal to get laid right without deforming. And I'm working with the MF Tomcat. The radome of the TW model will probably be just as bad.

Worse than putting it onto the Phantom's radome? 'Cause that works pretty well...

post-52148-0-05915600-1331904507.jpg

And - hey - VF-111 sported sunburst and sharkmouth more often than not. It was just a short period - right after transitioning to Tomcat - that they did without...

Do some googl'ing and you'll find almost every shot showing them in full glory (like below).

I'd love to take that bird to the sky... And I'm sure, I'm not the only one here.......

post-52148-0-41338800-1331904815.jpg

If you paint it on it won't be bad. But I'm talking about decals here. I haven't had a whole lot of time to experiment with the radome just yet for the TW F-14, but I HAVE done it on the MF cat and have been having trouble.

I know they wore a sunburst as the most famous scheme, but most of the time VF-111 line jets didn't get more flamboyant than this

f14-photo-vf111-19xl.jpg

And when they first transitioned, they all looked like this

2032574.jpg

As a matter of fact, I have never seen the full color, full tail sunburst on any F-14 other than Sundowner 200.

Yes - I know...

And although you're not totally wrong with the screaming colors, there have been exceptions at least (NL 202):

post-52148-0-46293800-1331907085.jpg

Huh. There really is a first time for everything. Then again, VF-111 is one of those squadrons I've never paid a lot of attention to. Same for VF-84 and VF-21. I don't posess quite the level of knowledge on them that I do on, say, VF-143, VF-41, or VF-154. I tended to focus on squadrons that were not disestablished, probably because my awareness of the F-14 rose above the normal static in around the late '90s. 160690 was delivered to VF-111 in '85, and the only pics of them from that time that I have seen so far were with the sunburst on the rudder only.

I'm already working on doing corrections and additions to the stock decal sets, so when I get some time to monkey around with it I will. I was just speaking from my experience with the MF tomcat and trying to get the black anti-glare on my VF-103 skin just right. That was... not easy.

Edited by Swordsman422